ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Creative Driveway Ideas For Your HomeBy Expert Author: Mary Morris
Today, there are almost a limitless number of driveway options. The type you may choose will depend on various factors including: cost, aesthetics, maintenance, and durability.
Macadam driveways, or “tar and chip,” consist of a aggregate layers of stone and a binding agent. These types of driveways are easy to install and maintain. This driveway option will also leave some change leftover in your wallet, since they are often cheaper than asphalt. Macadam driveways are a wonderful option with a timeless look. We love the look of the macadam driveway in the above photo with the stone in the home’s exterior and the addition of topiary at the entrance.
The look of grass driveways is like no other. These driveways act as a continuation of your home’s greenery. Although grass driveways are not as durable as some other options, you can add on some load bearing durability through “cellular paving.” To read more about cellular paving, click here. If you choose a grass driveway, we recommend keeping the design close to your home’s style. The above photo shows a grass driveway that is more rustic to match the cottage feel of the home.
Concrete driveways are a good middle-of-the-ground option for many homeowners. They are often more expensive than asphalt, but cheaper than stone or brick. If you are looking for a driveway option that will stand the test of time, this is one of the best. To keep a concrete driveway from looking too boring, add some intricate curves or colors. To take it one step further, focus on your curb appeal! Small details, such as the garage doors in the above photo, will make the space more aesthetically pleasing.
Asphalt driveways are an excellent alternative to concrete. They are the most cost effective of any option, which makes them very popular! Asphalt driveways are especially beneficial in the colder months since it’s flexibility can withstand the freezing of water. They can also be salted in preparation of ice. To prevent asphalt driveways from looking too “generic”, line the driveway with an intricate border or create an interesting (and efficient) shape.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald