ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Creative Driveway Ideas For Your Home
Total Articles: 48
Today, there are almost a limitless number of driveway options. The type you may choose will depend on various factors including: cost, aesthetics, maintenance, and durability.
Macadam driveways, or “tar and chip,” consist of a aggregate layers of stone and a binding agent. These types of driveways are easy to install and maintain. This driveway option will also leave some change leftover in your wallet, since they are often cheaper than asphalt. Macadam driveways are a wonderful option with a timeless look. We love the look of the macadam driveway in the above photo with the stone in the home’s exterior and the addition of topiary at the entrance.
The look of grass driveways is like no other. These driveways act as a continuation of your home’s greenery. Although grass driveways are not as durable as some other options, you can add on some load bearing durability through “cellular paving.” To read more about cellular paving, click here. If you choose a grass driveway, we recommend keeping the design close to your home’s style. The above photo shows a grass driveway that is more rustic to match the cottage feel of the home.
Concrete driveways are a good middle-of-the-ground option for many homeowners. They are often more expensive than asphalt, but cheaper than stone or brick. If you are looking for a driveway option that will stand the test of time, this is one of the best. To keep a concrete driveway from looking too boring, add some intricate curves or colors. To take it one step further, focus on your curb appeal! Small details, such as the garage doors in the above photo, will make the space more aesthetically pleasing.
Asphalt driveways are an excellent alternative to concrete. They are the most cost effective of any option, which makes them very popular! Asphalt driveways are especially beneficial in the colder months since it’s flexibility can withstand the freezing of water. They can also be salted in preparation of ice. To prevent asphalt driveways from looking too “generic”, line the driveway with an intricate border or create an interesting (and efficient) shape.
Home and Garden Articles1. Choosing The Best Siding Color For Your Home
Author: Mary Morris
2. 10 Signs You Should Invest In House Awnings!
3. Best Ways Your Emergency Plumbers In Dallas Can Solve Your Plumbing Problems
Author: John DiFrancesco
4. How Does One Compare Washing Machines And Buy The Best One?
Author: Divya Sharma
5. Indications That Help To Sort Out Electrical Fault In Your Home
Author: Michael Soutter
6. Fcml India-delivering Counter Top Basins
Author: FCML India
7. Why Spray On Foam Insulation Best Safeguarding Option For Your Home?
Author: Zac Fogg
8. Staircase Ideas For Your Home
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
9. Key Things To Remember While Choosing General Contractor
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
10. Advantages Associated With Total Garage Concepts
Author: Gabriel Fulton
11. Install Retractable Roof Systems And Relish At The Outdoors!
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. What Is A Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Areas In Which House Movers Adelaide Differ
Author: Bella Hodge
14. 6 Ways To Increase Profitability Of Your Appliance Repair Services
Author: John Nassar
15. The Chief Aspects Considered For Successful Township Planning
Author: Adam Leworthy