ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Creative Driveway Ideas For Your Home
Total Articles: 35
Today, there are almost a limitless number of driveway options. The type you may choose will depend on various factors including: cost, aesthetics, maintenance, and durability.
Macadam driveways, or “tar and chip,” consist of a aggregate layers of stone and a binding agent. These types of driveways are easy to install and maintain. This driveway option will also leave some change leftover in your wallet, since they are often cheaper than asphalt. Macadam driveways are a wonderful option with a timeless look. We love the look of the macadam driveway in the above photo with the stone in the home’s exterior and the addition of topiary at the entrance.
The look of grass driveways is like no other. These driveways act as a continuation of your home’s greenery. Although grass driveways are not as durable as some other options, you can add on some load bearing durability through “cellular paving.” To read more about cellular paving, click here. If you choose a grass driveway, we recommend keeping the design close to your home’s style. The above photo shows a grass driveway that is more rustic to match the cottage feel of the home.
Concrete driveways are a good middle-of-the-ground option for many homeowners. They are often more expensive than asphalt, but cheaper than stone or brick. If you are looking for a driveway option that will stand the test of time, this is one of the best. To keep a concrete driveway from looking too boring, add some intricate curves or colors. To take it one step further, focus on your curb appeal! Small details, such as the garage doors in the above photo, will make the space more aesthetically pleasing.
Asphalt driveways are an excellent alternative to concrete. They are the most cost effective of any option, which makes them very popular! Asphalt driveways are especially beneficial in the colder months since it’s flexibility can withstand the freezing of water. They can also be salted in preparation of ice. To prevent asphalt driveways from looking too “generic”, line the driveway with an intricate border or create an interesting (and efficient) shape.
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma