ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Getting Started With Mutual Fund Investments
Total Articles: 1
Where do Mutual Funds Invest:
Broadly, Mutual Funds investments are made into three types of asset classes:
Stocks: Stocks represent ownership or equity in a company, which are also termed as shares.
Bonds: Investment made in debt from companies, financial institutions or government agencies
Money Market Instruments: These constitute short-term debt instruments such as treasury bills, certificate of deposits and inter-bank call money.
Mutual Fund Investment Guide:
Invest through SIP: Investing through SIP every month is an ideal way of investing in mutual funds. Every small amount invested every month holds the potential of generating a substantial amount over a period of time.
For example : investing in ₹ 5,000 per month through SIP in equity fund with an annualized returns of 12% can yield ₹ 25 lakhs in 15 years.
Invest based on risk appetite: High-risk appetite investors are concentrated towards investing in equity funds and moderate risk appetite investors would like to invest in hybrid funds(Equity+debt combination) and low-risk appetite investors would like to consider investing more in debt related funds. In short, investment made in accordance to an individual's risk style would generate higher returns.
Invest in various categories of funds: Large cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds perform in a different manner over a particular period in various market scenarios. Hence, investing in different categories of such funds would help investors to gain maximum returns.
Invest in sectors that are likely to outperform: High-risk investors who are considering to take risks would like to invest in high-risk funds such as sector funds. Such investors can undertake sectors that have the probability to outperform in the near future and invest in such funds. For instance, investing in infrastructure funds or banking funds would be an ideal bet for a short-term to medium term of 3 to 5 years.
Invest in funds dependent on one's financial goal: Lack of awareness amongst investors about
Investing / Finance Articles1. Becoming A Mortgage Net Branch Company
2. Email Scam On Non-profit And Volunteer Groups Recruitment
Author: lexie grey
3. Top Commodity Trading Signals For Comex Investors
Author: Jean Wong
4. Follow These 5 Precautions When You Send Money To India From The Usa
5. Buying Gold And Silver Bullion Coins: How To Do It Right
Author: Sara Watson
6. Intraday Nifty Future Tips & Nifty Tips Service
Author: Riyanshi Tanwar
7. How Dedicated Relationship Bank Can Serve You Well
Author: Jeff Usman
8. What Advantages You Can Obtain From Online Investment
Author: Jeff Usman
9. Get Recognition Even In The Crowd
Author: ponting brown
10. What Does The Future Hold For Forex Trading?
Author: Amir Milan
11. Why You Need Best Forex Brokers
Author: Joyce Shen
12. Top Logical And Reasonable Forex Trading Tips
Author: Santosh Sharma
13. Experts Of Financial Advisory Services Pen Down 10 Profitable Stock Picks For 2017
Author: Multi Management & Future Solutions
14. Are Loans Truly Responsive For People With Poor Credit?
Author: John Thomson
15. Axis Bank Waives 12 Emis On Home Loan For Up To 30 Lakhs