ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Getting Started With Mutual Fund Investments
Total Articles: 1
Where do Mutual Funds Invest:
Broadly, Mutual Funds investments are made into three types of asset classes:
Stocks: Stocks represent ownership or equity in a company, which are also termed as shares.
Bonds: Investment made in debt from companies, financial institutions or government agencies
Money Market Instruments: These constitute short-term debt instruments such as treasury bills, certificate of deposits and inter-bank call money.
Mutual Fund Investment Guide:
Invest through SIP: Investing through SIP every month is an ideal way of investing in mutual funds. Every small amount invested every month holds the potential of generating a substantial amount over a period of time.
For example : investing in ₹ 5,000 per month through SIP in equity fund with an annualized returns of 12% can yield ₹ 25 lakhs in 15 years.
Invest based on risk appetite: High-risk appetite investors are concentrated towards investing in equity funds and moderate risk appetite investors would like to invest in hybrid funds(Equity+debt combination) and low-risk appetite investors would like to consider investing more in debt related funds. In short, investment made in accordance to an individual's risk style would generate higher returns.
Invest in various categories of funds: Large cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds perform in a different manner over a particular period in various market scenarios. Hence, investing in different categories of such funds would help investors to gain maximum returns.
Invest in sectors that are likely to outperform: High-risk investors who are considering to take risks would like to invest in high-risk funds such as sector funds. Such investors can undertake sectors that have the probability to outperform in the near future and invest in such funds. For instance, investing in infrastructure funds or banking funds would be an ideal bet for a short-term to medium term of 3 to 5 years.
Invest in funds dependent on one's financial goal: Lack of awareness amongst investors about
Investing / Finance Articles1. Share Market Tips For Investing With Profit Aim Research
Author: Profit Aim
2. When Your Business Cannot Wait For Cash? Just Look For Invoice Factoring Financing To Begin Soaring
Author: Stephen Perl
3. On May 29, 2012, The U.s. Department Of Labor Issued Advisory Opinion 2012-04a.
Author: Terrance Power
4. Download Forex Robots To Make Consistent Profits In The Market
5. Get Assisted To Learn What It Takes To Qualify For No Credit Check Car Loan
Author: Mary Coleman
6. How Loans Allow Bad Credit Borrowers To Overcome Financial Uncertainties?
Author: Sara James
7. Insurance Within Super
8. Accomplish Your Social Security Retirement Benefits With Best Retirement Strategy Planner
9. The Most Important Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Tax Preparation Or Financial Planning S
Author: Accounting Services
10. Classification Of Forex Bonuses
Author: John Arnold
11. What Are The Different Types Of Emi Calculator Available In The Financial Market?
Author: Neha Sharma
12. Profitable Promotions For Traders
Author: John Arnold
13. Useful Tips To Make Money By Trading For Future
Author: Henry James
14. Private Equity Research – A Basic Need For Investors
15. No Deposit Home Loan – Go For The Low Deposit Option!
Author: Mc Cutcheon