ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips On Choosing The Best Motor Oil
Total Articles: 6
Choosing the right motor oil for your vehicle might seem a bit difficult, but if you know what to look for it isn't too painful. The best way to start is by checking out the starburst symbol, this symbolizes that the oil has been tested and meets the standards of the American Petroleum Institute (API).Then check the SL symbol, which shows that the oil has gone through the necessary laboratory and engine tests. The final task is to pick the oil with the viscosity that is most suitable for the temperature of your vehicle.
Motor oil is also known as engine oil, or engine lubricant, and is made up of various substances that are used for lubrication of internal combustion engines. The main function of motor oil is to reduce wear on moving parts; it also helps in cleaning sludge from moving parts, prevents corrosion, improves sealing, and cools the engine by carrying the heat away from moving parts. Motor oil can be divided into four basic varieties — synthetic motor oil (synthetic diesel engine oil, racing oil), synthetic blends, high-mileage oil, and conventional oil.
Synthetic motor oil - Synthetic motor oil increases wear protection by providing a super level of fluid film. Synthetic motor oil has high-shear stability and it retains shear strength even at the highest loads and high temperatures. Synthetic motor oil is long lasting, reduces pitting and rolling contact fatigue, and is environmentally acceptable.
Synthetic motor oil can be broken down into the following types:
Synthetic diesel engine oil - Synthetic diesel engine oil has very good low-temperature flow performance by reducing internal friction. Synthetic diesel engine oil has higher a viscosity index that makes it stable across a broad temperature range. Synthetic diesel engine oil has excellent wear protection that enhances the gear life at high speeds and shock loading condition. Synthetic diesel engine oil also has improved oxidation and thermal activity.
Racing oil (60 weight) - Racing oil (60 weight) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Racing oil is made by advanced synthetic technology to better withstand the elevated rotation per minute, high temperatures and shock-loading, which are common features of racing applications. Racing oil is modified to give high speed and maximum horsepower.
Synthetic blend oil - Synthetic blend oil is made up of synthetic oil mixed with organic oil. It is meant to provide protection against somewhat heavier loads and higher temperatures. This generally means that synthetic blend oil is less volatile, hence it evaporates far less, and, as a result, reduces oil loss (and increases fuel economy). Synthetic blend oils are popular with drivers who want the high-load protection. And synthetic blend oil is a lot less expensive than full synthetic oil.
When choosing the correct oil for our vehicles, we should be factor in viscosity index, temperature range, characteristic, benefits, and the purpose the vehicle is going to serve (domestic or racing).
There are a lot of different motor oils on the market, and all of them are made to serve particular purposes. Be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of motor oil have I used in the past? What were its pros and cons? If switching to new motor oil, will it be suitable for my vehicle?
- Have I factored in the climate in which the vehicle will be operated?
- What is the age of my vehicle? What purpose is my vehicle going to serve? Will I be racing and need a racing oil?
If you are looking for full synthetic oil, then apply for OnGuard Engine Oil Racing Sponsorship program. Qualified car racers of all types such as drag racing, dirt track racing and motor racing are benefited by reducing their racing costs in exchange of advertising agreements. For more details, please visit our website.
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson