ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips On Choosing The Best Motor Oil
Total Articles: 5
Choosing the right motor oil for your vehicle might seem a bit difficult, but if you know what to look for it isn't too painful. The best way to start is by checking out the starburst symbol, this symbolizes that the oil has been tested and meets the standards of the American Petroleum Institute (API).Then check the SL symbol, which shows that the oil has gone through the necessary laboratory and engine tests. The final task is to pick the oil with the viscosity that is most suitable for the temperature of your vehicle.
Motor oil is also known as engine oil, or engine lubricant, and is made up of various substances that are used for lubrication of internal combustion engines. The main function of motor oil is to reduce wear on moving parts; it also helps in cleaning sludge from moving parts, prevents corrosion, improves sealing, and cools the engine by carrying the heat away from moving parts. Motor oil can be divided into four basic varieties — synthetic motor oil (synthetic diesel engine oil, racing oil), synthetic blends, high-mileage oil, and conventional oil.
Synthetic motor oil - Synthetic motor oil increases wear protection by providing a super level of fluid film. Synthetic motor oil has high-shear stability and it retains shear strength even at the highest loads and high temperatures. Synthetic motor oil is long lasting, reduces pitting and rolling contact fatigue, and is environmentally acceptable.
Synthetic motor oil can be broken down into the following types:
Synthetic diesel engine oil - Synthetic diesel engine oil has very good low-temperature flow performance by reducing internal friction. Synthetic diesel engine oil has higher a viscosity index that makes it stable across a broad temperature range. Synthetic diesel engine oil has excellent wear protection that enhances the gear life at high speeds and shock loading condition. Synthetic diesel engine oil also has improved oxidation and thermal activity.
Racing oil (60 weight) - Racing oil (60 weight) provides superior performance and maximum protection in high-performance and racing applications. Racing oil is made by advanced synthetic technology to better withstand the elevated rotation per minute, high temperatures and shock-loading, which are common features of racing applications. Racing oil is modified to give high speed and maximum horsepower.
Synthetic blend oil - Synthetic blend oil is made up of synthetic oil mixed with organic oil. It is meant to provide protection against somewhat heavier loads and higher temperatures. This generally means that synthetic blend oil is less volatile, hence it evaporates far less, and, as a result, reduces oil loss (and increases fuel economy). Synthetic blend oils are popular with drivers who want the high-load protection. And synthetic blend oil is a lot less expensive than full synthetic oil.
When choosing the correct oil for our vehicles, we should be factor in viscosity index, temperature range, characteristic, benefits, and the purpose the vehicle is going to serve (domestic or racing).
There are a lot of different motor oils on the market, and all of them are made to serve particular purposes. Be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of motor oil have I used in the past? What were its pros and cons? If switching to new motor oil, will it be suitable for my vehicle?
- Have I factored in the climate in which the vehicle will be operated?
- What is the age of my vehicle? What purpose is my vehicle going to serve? Will I be racing and need a racing oil?
If you are looking for full synthetic oil, then apply for OnGuard Engine Oil Racing Sponsorship program. Qualified car racers of all types such as drag racing, dirt track racing and motor racing are benefited by reducing their racing costs in exchange of advertising agreements. For more details, please visit our website.
Automobiles Articles1. Purchasing Harley Starter Replacement From The Web!
2. How To Purchase Harley Starter Drives?
3. Guidelines On Purchasing Harley Starters!
4. 7 Car Financing Tips For Purchasing A New Or Used Car
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. Buying New Or Pre-owned Vehicles From Car Dealer
Author: Neal Weaver
6. Basic Of Maintaining Good Health Of Your Electric Bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
7. Top Things To Know About Lamborghini Diablo
Author: Jason Jones
8. Replace Your Old Gallardo Exhaust System To Improve The Performance Of Your Super-car
Author: Jason Jones
9. Auto Repair Shop Bluffton To Maintain The Perfect Condition Of Your Car In No Time
Author: Ray Pringle
10. Important Wheel Alignment Information
Author: Ray Pringle
11. Explore An Amazing Ride With Wraith Luxury And Sports Car Rental
12. How To Formulate Your Car Drive Secure And Relaxed With The Precise Choice Of Tyres?
Author: My Tyre Point
13. Important Questions To Ask Before Rustproofing Your Car
Author: Efrain Rivas
14. Affordable Crane Services For Vehicles
Author: Shailesh Vyas
15. Things To Consider When Choosing Vw Garage Services
Author: Heston VW