ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips To Keep Your Home Cool (without Cranking The Ac)
Total Articles: 43
After a very mild Spring, Summer is officially in full swing. In central Virginia, summertime typically comes with a triple-digit Heat Index and an outrageous electric bill. Here are a few tips to keep your home cool without putting the AC on full blast.
1. Open windows at night and keep blinds closed during the day. We recommend light-colored blinds since they reflect, rather than absorb the sun’s heat. It will amaze you just how cool the air at night gets in the summer.
2. Switch the direction of your fan. If you set the blades to run counter-clockwise, this causes the hot air to rise and go out (instead of just circulating hot air around the room). Such a simple fix!
3. Change your AC filters regularly. Ok, we know the title of this article says that we won’t crank the AC, but we promise that there is a way to use the AC without racking up bills. Changing out your air filter every 4-6 weeks (at least during the summer) can save you money in the long run. Remember, a dirty filter lessens the efficiency of airflow. Plus, it reduces air quality. Make sure to replace that filter!
4. Can’t stand a cold shower? Keep your exhaust fan running. Turning on the exhaust fan while showering is crucial in the summer months. The heat from hot showers can move into surrounding areas, causing a pool of heat. The trick is to leave your exhaust fan on for 20-30 minutes longer than you normally would. Afraid that it will rack up costs? No worries, bathroom fans run at a very low cost.
5. Take advantage of the extended daylight time in the summer and turn off the lights. Turns out, all light bulbs give off heat (even environmentally-friendly CFLs) so it’s better to open those windows and let the natural light come in.
6. Learn how to master the grill. If you haven’t done so by now, this is the perfect excuse. Every time we use the oven to cook, it noticeably heats up our home. By using the grill, our home doesn’t get any hotter. Plus, we can enjoy these yummy recipes.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma