ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Playstation 3 Repair Guide - Troubleshooting Common Console Problems
Total Articles: 145
PlayStation 3 or PS3 is a great gadget to own because it not only gives you the pleasure of playing in it, but also has the potential to perform other tasks like allowing you to watch movies or listen to music. However, like other gadgets, this console can also suffer from various problems that you, as owner, should know how to deal with.
This is one of the most common problems on PlayStation 3 consoles. It is due to some issues within the system itself. The simple solution is to push down the switch button. If it still persists, reboot into safe mode and then try to use the options you will see. You can also unplug all cables and place them back into the slots. Loose cables can often cause the system to freeze. If you have tried almost all the solutions and still the freezing problem continues, the system would have to be formatted. This means that the firmware needs to be reinstalled. There may be some fragmentation issues that cause the console to crash suddenly from normal operation. Replacing the hard drive is also another possible solution.
This problem is due to poor ventilation. Electronic devices operate with the flow of electricity through each component and therefore require good ventilation to prevent overheating. The area where the PS3 is placed should allow the air to flow properly. In addition, other gadgets that emit heat should be placed away from the console. Overheating can also be caused by hardware problems.
Red light error
This red light problem can be solved by pressing power from standby mode. When doing so, you should see solid green light. If the red light is not removed through this solution, turn off the console and continue to press the button for about ten seconds. Another option is to remove the hard drive from your PS3. Disconnect the cables from your console so you can easily and conveniently inspect the back of the gadget. You need to open the case wrapping the drive you need to work on. When the unit is already turned off, the cables must be reconnected and the power switch must be turned on manually. Press and hold the button until you hear two beeps. If this solution does not work; then it's time to take it to the service centre.
Yellow light of death
This yellow light of death or the dreaded YLOD error on PS3 is definitely the most annoying error found on the console. This is an indication that there are serious problems with the motherboard. It may be because a welded component was broken. Welded joints are prone to cracking and breaking after a long period of use. You may be able to solve the problem by blowing hot air on the PS3 using a hair dryer or a hot air gun. Do this after allowing the unit to cool for about ten minutes of exposure to cold air. Hot air will help to heat the welds and restore their partially molten state.
For more details, visit - http://www.playstationrepairer.co.uk/
Hardware/Software Articles1. Shifts - A Little About The Company And Its Solutions' Features
2. Quick Ps4 Repair Leeds – Playstation Repairer
3. How To Make Different Types Of Id Cards As Per Industry Using Identity Card Maker Software
4. Best Laptop Screen Repair Liverpool – Lenovo Repairer
5. How To Create Student Id Cards In Various Institutions Using Id Card Maker Software For Schools
6. Reliable Playstation 4 Repair London – Playstation Repairer
7. How To Create Photo Identity Cards In Various Industries Using Id Card Maker Software
8. Quick Laptop Repair Leeds With 12-month Warranty – Lenovo Repairer
9. Printable Photo Id Badges Maker: How To Design Id Cards In Various Organizations
10. Quick Ps4 Repair Leeds With 12-month Warranty – Playstation Repairer
11. Quick Ps4 Repair Belfast With 12-month Warranty – Playstation Repairer
12. Laptop Screen Repair Belfast – Lenovo Repairer
13. Visitor Management Software: How To Make Visitor Gate Pass Or Id Card And Manage All Visitor Record
14. Laptop Screen Repair Bristol With Warranty – Lenovo Repairer
15. Playstation 4 Repair Bristol With Warranty – Playstation Repairer