ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Practice Of Mudras -part 3
Total Articles: 46
Mudras work directly on the brain. The brain has two halves or cerebral hemispheres, each with its own specific function. The right side is concerned with aspects such as intuition, creativity, and imagination. The left side is related to analytical and logical thinking, time, speech, and mathematical functions. They are linked by a band of nerve fibres called the corpus callosum. In most people, the function of these hemispheres is incoherent and non-synchronous, as indicated by electroencephalographic studies. This is because of mental and emotional processes. Inharmonious function of these hemispheres results in decline in perception, intuitive ability and overall intelligence. Mudras can help harmonize the two sides of the brain by acting directly on the nervous system. Mudras form energy circuits that confer conscious control over physical and mental functions.
EFFECT OF MUDRAS ON THE BRAIN
Each mudra stimulates certain nerves that send a message to the brain. For example, each finger is linked to a different part of the brain. In the brain the hand takes up a very large proportion of the cortex. Therefore circuits made using fingers have a definite and powerful effect on the brain.
When the hands are placed in a particular mudra, the neuronal circuits are stimulated for a prolonged period of time which reinforces the specific effect of the mudra on the brain. If the right and left hands are both stimulating the brain, the effect is to bring the two hemispheres under conscious control. Repetition over a period of time, say weeks or months, makes this subtle action more conscious and one becomes aware of the subtle effect.
An example of such a mudra is gyana mudra. The word gyana means wisdom or knowledge, thus gyana mudra is the gesture of intuitive knowledge. This mudra can help improve concentration, memory and other logical functions of the brain.
If you are searching for the best Yoga Classes Mumbai, then you are at the right place. World renowned Artistic Yoga provides the best customised yoga classes for all ages in Delhi,Mumbai and Bangalore. For more details about Yoga Classes Bangalore, please visit us,Call- Toll Free No 1800 102 1000
Fitness Articles1. Medical Icu Setup King Air Ambulance Services In Delhi With Doctors Facility
Author: King Ambulance
2. Is There A Difference Between Power And Vinyasa Yoga?
Author: Ashish Rawat
3. Why To Choose A Private Pregnancy Yoga Class?
Author: Maria Kondrashova
4. Understanding A Good Private Prenatal Yoga Class
5. Get Relief From Hiccup
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
6. How Yoga Courses In Melbourne Can Help With Anxiety And Depression
Author: Christian Ruggeri
7. Pilates For Beginners: 4 Easy And Effective Exercises To Strengthen Your Core
Author: Christian Ruggeri
8. 7 Symptoms Of Diabetes To Watch Out For!
Author: Saba Ahmad
9. French Paradox: Healthy Heart, Healthy Weight Loss Tips | Truweight
10. All You Need To Know About Stretch Marks & How To Treat Them?
Author: Liam Well
11. Workout Secrets By Experts
12. Top Reasons Why Everyone Should Go For Physiotherapy
Author: Holly Coane
13. ‘misfit Vapor’ Review: The Latest From The World Of Smart Watches!
Author: amar kayam
14. Indications Of Choosing A Wrong Expert For Acupuncture Treatment
Author: Mason Northmore
15. Start A Wellbeing Program Today Itself To Maintain A Healthy Body
Author: Seth Aslatt