ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Bathroom Remodeling - 7 Easy Tips To Install Walk In Tubs
Total Articles: 44
Are you looking for bathroom remodeling? Want to have better style and more comfortable bathrooms?
A small change in the bathroom can change the looks of the bathroom. Bathroom remodeling, particularly in Phoenix, can make your bathroom more comfortable, suit your needs, look better and fit within your budget. There are many more advantages of bathroom remodeling in Phoenix, such as
- Enhancement of your home value
- More spacious
- Enjoy a more energy efficient home
- Increase luxury
- Rectify certain features according to your need
Sometimes, more than adding luxuries, remodeling bathrooms become a need. As we age, using a standard bathroom may become difficult. Stepping into the tub, sitting on a lower toilet and balancing on potentially slippery surfaces can become harder for mature adults whose balance and leg strength aren't what they used to be. This is one of the reasons why many people look for bathroom remodeling, including installation of in walk in bathtubs and showers. Devising a better bath experience not only gives people a sense of security to seniors and peace of mind to their loved ones. Grab bars, improved lighting, and non-slip flooring help reduce the risk for falling as well.
The installation of walk in tubs in Phoenix does not also take more time than the traditional ones. Walk in tubs in Phoenix are fitted with safety handles, sealed entry door system, and safety bars, which dramatically lower the risk of falling in the bathroom. Walk in tubs in Phoenix are made up of several materials. One of the popular ones is acrylic, non-porous material.
You can either install walk in tubs or hire a professional plumber to do the job. There are different kinds of walk in bathtubs available in Phoenix and their installation process depends on which model, size, and dimensions you have chosen for your bathroom. If you don’t have any prior experience in installations or home improvement projects, it's better to hire professional contractors for it.
But if you wish to install walk in bath tub by your own then follow these tips to install walk in tubs.
1. Get the exact measurement of your bathroom so that you purchase the correct size walk in tub.
2. If you already have a bathtub in your bathroom, then remove it first. It is also important to find the access hole to the plumbing on the wall, which is just behind the tu). Few bathrooms may not have an access hole. If you don’t have an access hole then you have to cut a hole into the wall to cover with a removable panel.
3. Turn off the water supply to the house, then remove the fixtures.
4. Next, take into account the external plumbing which includes a pair of channel locks or adjustable wrench. After that, unscrew the drainage plug which is inside the tub itself. Then break the caulk seal (all around the tub) with a razor knife.
5. The layout of piping may require some inspection as you will have to drain the plug of the new bathtub. The new walk in bathtub piping may not match with the old tub. If that is the case, you will have to adjust the plumbing before the new tub goes into place.
6. Above the old bathtub, you will need to take out a row of tiles. With a crowbar, take the old tub apart from the bathroom wall. Now place a block in the middle of the crowbar and the bathroom wall, which will reassure that you didn’t damage the tub much. Ask for someone’s assistance and pull the old bathtub straight out.
7. Slide the new walk-in bathtub in its place. Then align the plumbing and drain holes properly, or else you will encounter some serious issues while showering. Then the plumbing should be adjusted and fixtures to the new walk in bath tub should be installed. After that, turn the water back on and do a small water test to make sure there aren't any leaks and the water pressure is optimal.
This above step will help somebody for successful installation of a walk in tub.
If you are looking for walk in tubs phoenix, then visit Bathplanetaz.com. Here you can turn your bathroom more beautiful than you have dreamt about. We are the leading bathroom remodeling experts in Phoenix, AZ. We offer high quality bath liners, walk in tubs, custom made bathtubs and much more to enhance the look of your bathroom. To check out exclusive discounts on bathtub installation, please visit our website.
Home and Garden Articles1. Qualities In An Interior Designing Firm In Mumbai
Author: Santosh Rana
2. Seven Things You See At The Gym
3. Install A Frameless Glass Balustrade In Your House For A Perfect Modern Outlook
Author: Chloe Kellaway
4. Ideas On Common Bathroom Mixer Tap Issues And Their Solutions
Author: Luca Estell
5. How You Can Chop Down Your Home’s Energy Bill With Window Replacement In Edmonton?
Author: Bryson Kaleb
6. Beat The Winters: Heating Contractors In Nampa
7. What Can You Do To Save The Chimney From Perishing Earlier Than Anticipated?
Author: Brayden Haritos
8. 9 Maintenance Tips To Extend The Life Of Your Log Splitter
Author: Michael Foley
9. Which One Is Better- Marble Or Granite Countertops?
Author: Riley Evans
10. Best King Size Down Comforter
Author: Rick Smith
11. Design Options For Horse Barns
Author: Bryson Kaleb
12. Diy Blinds Made Simple
Author: Jennifer Williams
13. Entrust The Task Of Building Garages In Arlington, Va With A Professional Company
Author: Bryson Kaleb
14. Find The Very Best Suggestions To Meet Your Floor Service Requirement Within An Easier Way
Author: Partha Goswami
15. Metal Storage Rack Creates An Outstanding Ambience
Author: Swayam India