ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
What To Do When Your Car Insurance Expires?
Total Articles: 9
It is often the case that we forget about deadlines related to policies and other things owing to our busy schedules. There are reminders that most insurance companies offer nowadays. However, if you still miss your car insurance renewal date, it is important to take relevant steps. If your policy has just expired, it is possible for you to reinstate it without any penalty but not otherwise. Make sure that you are not driving around in your car until you have your car insurance policy re-issued.
You can follow the steps below to ensure you get your car insurance renewal easily:
1) Organize - Car insurance not renewed on time can be a problem if not catered to. So, if you fail to do it, you need to get in touch with the insurance provider and apply for a renewal.
Collect all your vehicle related documents and keep the information with you handy. You should have all your previous policy related documents and all claim related papers. The insurer needs all these papers to know all your claims' history depending on which you will be entitled for a no claim bonus on your new policy.
2) Go to the insurer's website - Limit tedious paperwork by simply logging in to the insurer's website with the documents and details ready at hand. Go to the online renewal option and fill in the appropriate details. All you need to do is to follow a few simple steps for a quick application.
3) Do not forget to crosscheck - Policy number, vehicle registration dates and other details should be filled in correctly and crosschecked before final submission to avoid miscommunication. After you have submitted all the details, you will receive a quote from the insurer.
4) Buy a policy online and get it delivered to you - When you purchase a policy online, you can easily pay through multiple channels using credit cards, debit cards and online banking. Once done, you can easily receive the policy via email and avoid the tiresome paperwork altogether.
Now that you know how to renew expired car insurance online, there are a few misconceptions that people have about buying insurance online:
1) Authenticity - All the policies issued by any insurance company which are registered with IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority) are completely authentic. IRDA license is a proof that your policy is legit.
2) Reliability - Transactions online are now safer than ever and just like every other thing you buy online, your insurance policy's payment is safe and secure.
3) Distance - The distance of your insurer's office from your place is no more a problem. Irrespective of the geographic distance, you can easily apply for claims and the processing will start as soon as your application is submitted. The best part is that there is no hassle and all your work is done from wherever you want, either on your system or from your phone!
Insurance Articles1. Some Important Tips To Know About Weekly Car Insurance
Author: Charlene Hubbard
2. Investing In Ulip’s – Is It A Good Idea?
Author: Ekta Kariya
3. Why You Can't Do Without Life Insurance?
Author: Absolute Value Insurance
4. How Can You Customize Medical Insurance Plans For Your Family?
5. Work With The Right Mortgage Broker
Author: Horace Edwin
6. Home Mortgage Advice - Do You Qualify?
Author: Gilbert Martin
7. Are You In Need Of Northampton Mortgage And Financing Advice?
Author: Joseph Frank
8. Should You Buy Used Cars Greensboro Nc
9. Advantages Of North Carolina State Credit Union
10. Why Join North Carolina Credit Union
11. The Mortgage Adviser North London Can Help You Find The Best Deals Within No Time
12. Vital Factors To Consider When Selecting Best Health Insurance For Foreigners
Author: Alzbeta berka
13. Reasons To Contact Public Insurance Adjusters In Philadelphia For Help
14. Why Is It Advisable To Avail A Critical Illness Insurance
15. 5 Reasons Why Ulips Are One Of The Best Tax-saving Instruments
Author: Edelweiss Tokio