ALL >> Health >> View Article
What To Expect During A Facelift
Total Articles: 23
A facelift, also known as rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgery, generally done to improve the appearance of the face. This cosmetic surgery involves removal and lifting of the excess skin on the face, in order to do away with wrinkles and sagging skin. Many a times, along with a facelift individuals may also opt for a neck lift.
What happens during a facelift procedure?
Facelift is an outpatient cosmetic surgery, which is generally done under the influence of local anaesthesia and sedatives. Sometimes, it is also done under the influence of general anaesthesia.
Various facelift techniques exist and the doctor recommends one of them, depending on the desired results. They are-
• Traditional facelift- In this case the incisions are made near the hair line from the temples all the way to the ear front on both sides. Another incision is also made just under the area of the chin.
• Limited incision facelift- Short incisions are made in this type of a cosmetic procedure.
• Neck lift- This involves a small incision under the chin area and another from the front of the ear lobes towards the back of the scalp.
Once the incisions are made the doctor starts redistributing and sculpting the fat. Liposuction may also be done to remove excess fat. The excess skin is also removed. The procedure usually lasts for about 2 to 4 hours. It may last longer if another cosmetic procedure is being done along with it.
Once the procedure is over, your face will be bandaged so that the incisions can heal and the swelling can go down. A tube will be placed behind one or both ears for excess fluid drainage. It is generally recommended that one sleep with their head elevated for the first couple of weeks after the cosmetic surgery. Too much pressure on the incisions should be avoided to prevent the onset of infection.
A couple of days after the surgery, the bandages are removed and a facial sling is put on instead. This helps avoid any infections and lessens inflammation too.
A number of reputed cosmetic surgeons in Chennai perform facelift surgeries and other cosmetic procedures. If one is opting for a cosmetic surgery in Chennai, it is essential that you conduct a thorough research on the cosmetic surgeon and centre where the procedure will be done.
Make sure to get the procedure done from an experienced cosmetic surgeon, because a facelift gone wrong can have serious implications.
About the author:
Ananda Siva is a healthcare enthusiast, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands the nagging problems people face due to misaligned jaw caused due to injury, accident or even excessive wear of teeth. Through this article, he wishes to offer you all the information one needs to know about the cosmetic surgery in Chennai that helps in aligning both, the jaws and teeth
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender