ALL >> Health >> View Article
What To Expect During A Liposuction Surgery
Total Articles: 23
Liposuction is a kind of cosmetic procedure, which breaks and then sucks out excess fat from various parts of the body. Other names for the procedure include- lipoplasty, lipo, fat suction surgery or lipectomy. One may get a liposuction procedure to remove excess fat either from the abdomen, upper arms and thighs, calves, buttocks or chin.
The procedure uses an instrument that is hollow and inserted just under one’s skin to suck out the excess fat. It is one of the most common cosmetic procedures done across the world.
Certain medical conditions which can be treated through fat suction surgery include
• Lipomas (which is the formation of non-cancerous fatty tumours)
• Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement)
• Lipodystrophy syndrome (a condition in which there is an imbalance in the body’s fat distribution)
Here are a few things that one can expect before, during and after a liposuction procedure-
Before the surgery
• A thorough physical examination is done by the doctor to ensure if the surgery can be done
• Any questions or queries are answered by the doctor
• The doctor will generally ask you to arrange for a relative or friend to drive you home after the surgery.
At the time of the surgery
• Just before the liposuction procedure, the physician will make marks on the area to be operated on.
• Depending on the kind of liposuction that is being performed local or general anaesthesia is given.
• One is also given a sedative so that he stays calm and relaxed all through-out the procedure.
• The heart rate and blood pressure is monitored throughout the procedure for any discrepancies
• An incision is then made in the area where the fat is to be removed. The canula is inserted and the fat is sucked out.
After the surgery
• According to the total fat removed from the operated region, one may be discharged within a few hours or asked to spend the night in the hospital under careful observation.
• The incision made during the surgery may leak fluid for some days post-surgery. This is quite normal.
• Wearing tight clothes after the procedure is essential to allow skin compression.
• Specific instructions are given on the kind of activity one can do after the surgery and the medication that is required.
• Some pain and discomfort after the surgery should be expected.
Liposuction Surgery in Chennai may be considered after careful consultation with a cosmetic expert. Certain lifestyle changes are essential to ensure that fat accumulation does not re-occur after the fat suction surgery.
About the author:
Ananda Siva is a healthcare enthusiast, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands the importance of getting rid of unwanted fat as it later leads to various health problems. Through this article, he wishes to offer you information about the benefits of a liposuction surgery to remove excess fat deposits from the body.
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility