ALL >> Health >> View Article
What To Expect During A Liposuction Surgery
Total Articles: 23
Liposuction is a kind of cosmetic procedure, which breaks and then sucks out excess fat from various parts of the body. Other names for the procedure include- lipoplasty, lipo, fat suction surgery or lipectomy. One may get a liposuction procedure to remove excess fat either from the abdomen, upper arms and thighs, calves, buttocks or chin.
The procedure uses an instrument that is hollow and inserted just under one’s skin to suck out the excess fat. It is one of the most common cosmetic procedures done across the world.
Certain medical conditions which can be treated through fat suction surgery include
• Lipomas (which is the formation of non-cancerous fatty tumours)
• Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement)
• Lipodystrophy syndrome (a condition in which there is an imbalance in the body’s fat distribution)
Here are a few things that one can expect before, during and after a liposuction procedure-
Before the surgery
• A thorough physical examination is done by the doctor to ensure if the surgery can be done
• Any questions or queries are answered by the doctor
• The doctor will generally ask you to arrange for a relative or friend to drive you home after the surgery.
At the time of the surgery
• Just before the liposuction procedure, the physician will make marks on the area to be operated on.
• Depending on the kind of liposuction that is being performed local or general anaesthesia is given.
• One is also given a sedative so that he stays calm and relaxed all through-out the procedure.
• The heart rate and blood pressure is monitored throughout the procedure for any discrepancies
• An incision is then made in the area where the fat is to be removed. The canula is inserted and the fat is sucked out.
After the surgery
• According to the total fat removed from the operated region, one may be discharged within a few hours or asked to spend the night in the hospital under careful observation.
• The incision made during the surgery may leak fluid for some days post-surgery. This is quite normal.
• Wearing tight clothes after the procedure is essential to allow skin compression.
• Specific instructions are given on the kind of activity one can do after the surgery and the medication that is required.
• Some pain and discomfort after the surgery should be expected.
Liposuction Surgery in Chennai may be considered after careful consultation with a cosmetic expert. Certain lifestyle changes are essential to ensure that fat accumulation does not re-occur after the fat suction surgery.
About the author:
Ananda Siva is a healthcare enthusiast, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands the importance of getting rid of unwanted fat as it later leads to various health problems. Through this article, he wishes to offer you information about the benefits of a liposuction surgery to remove excess fat deposits from the body.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important