ALL >> Health >> View Article
What To Expect During A Hair Restoration Surgery
Total Articles: 23
A hair restoration or hair transplant surgery can be a permanent solution to one’s hair loss problem. Both men and women can opt for this surgery. It is a quick procedure for which the patient is not required to spend the night in the hospital and is allowed to go back home the same day. Only local anaesthesia is used during this surgery.
Here’s what one can expect during a hair restoration surgery
1. During the hair restoration surgery, hair from the back of the patient is removed to be transplanted. Hair is taken from this section as it is genetically resistant to balding.
2. Before the surgery is performed, the hair from the donor area (i.e. the area from where the hair is taken for transplantation, the lower part of your head) is trimmed.
3. In the next step, the donor area is given local anaesthesia.
4. After the anaesthesia has been administered, the donor tissue, which is resistant to balding is surgically removed so that it can be transplanted.
5. Next, after the surgical removal of the tissue, the area is then stitched up and the rest of the patient’s hair is combed over the stitches so that they are not visible. The stitches would be opened after a period of ten days from the day of surgery.
6. The donor tissue is then examined by the surgeon under the microscope so that hair can be grafted.
7. In the next step of the hair restoration surgery, the bald patch of the patient is prepared. Local anaesthesia is now given to the bald patch and the hair from this area is neither shaved nor trimmed.
8. Small incisions are made on the patient’s bald patch in no particular pattern.
9. The follicular grafts prepared by the surgeon are placed in these incisions. They are placed in a varying order.
10. Post-surgery, several small incisions will be visible on the patient’s head. These will clear up with time along with the scabbing and redness.
Patients experience minimal to no pain during this surgery and are in their senses during the entire process. Most patients make a complete recovery within a period of 2 to 5 days. New hair will start growing almost 6 to 9 months after surgery, thus one has to be patient when it comes to results.
If one still has any doubts or queries regarding the hair restoration surgery, he or she must consult a doctor.
About the author:
Ananda Siva is a healthcare enthusiast, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands the nagging problems of consistent hair fall, and is wishes to share his opinion on potential solutions to this problem, including hair restoration. Through this article, he wishes to offer you information about the benefits of a hair restoration surgery, as well as where you can look for options for hair restoration surgery in Chennai.
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility