ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Kids Who Play Sports Need More Nutrition?
Total Articles: 22
Kids need a more balanced and wholesome diet compared to adults because of their growing bodies. A combination of all the nutrients completes their body nutrient requirements. Feeding your children should not be taken leniently and proper care should be taken. Also, for kids who actively participate in sports, it is even more important. Keeping a check on what they consume throughout the day helps in identifying their nutrition requirements properly.
Good nutrition plays a major and an important role for young athletes:
- It makes them feel more energetic and less tired
- Helps preventing injuries and diseases
- Improves strength and endurance
- Maintains a healthy weight
The best diet for children helps them in overall growth and maintains a balance in life. Consumption of good and healthy food at young age helps the kids grow strong and increases their immunity. Any kinds of deficiencies during childhood and early teens can lead to hampered development of the body and future problems.
Along with eating right, drinking right is equally important. For a sports person of any age, keeping themselves hydrated is of utmost importance. Drinking lots of water and at least two glasses of milk throughout the day should be the number one priority. However, there is one thing that should be noted. Drinking two glasses of plain milk does not suffice the nutrition requirements for growing kids. Healthy sports drinks along with milk should be a part of the regular diet. These drinks add to the nutrient values in milk making it even more effective and beneficial for children.
Following is a list of nutrients present in sports drinks for kids:
Vitamin C: An important vitamin for repairing of red blood cells, bones and tissues, it is present in all the leading vitamin drinks for kids. It helps in strengthening the blood vessels keeping kids away from bruises, falls and scrapes. Vitamin C is also known to heal wounds and cuts, along with boosting the immunity.
Vitamin D: Vitamin D is an important nutrient that helps the body absorb calcium which helps building strong bones and teeth. A deficiency of this vitamin may lead to conditions such as rickets etc. The vitamin D content in sports drinks supports the body's requirements.
Calcium: We are very well aware of the importance of calcium in the human body. Milk is the best source of calcium and adding a spoonful of health drink to a glass of milk makes it even more beneficial. It not only boosts the calcium content but also makes it tasty.
Iron: Important for hemoglobin formation, iron is an essential mineral to be consumed regularly. The deficiency of iron can cause anemia in children leading to fatigue, weakness and loss of appetite.
The above reasons make healthy sports drinks an important part of the routine for growing children. Consuming them makes sure that the body's needs are fulfilled and there is nothing hampering the children's overall growth.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe