ALL >> Education >> View Article
Medical Entrance Examination - All You Want To Know
Total Articles: 1
Medical field is one of the honorable and noble profession. Doctors save lives of hundreds every day. Most of the people want to make career in medical field today.
Medical Council of India (MCI) approved medical Institutions have limited figure of seats. There is enormous crowd each year in entrance exams. Only able scholars having deep knowledge of subjects can clear Medical entrance exams to take admission in premier institutes/colleges to achieve their dreams. Hard preparation is extremely necessary because there are very limited seats in medical Institutions in India. There are numerous Medical Coaching Institutes in UAE that offer direction and advice for medicine aspirants on how to approach this tough decision.
As a medicine aspirant you must prepare for every topic related to medical profession. There is no stable syllabus that’s why it becomes more difficult. But syllabus for every medical entrance exams is almost similar. You can consider AIIMS or AIPMT entrance exam syllabus for core homework. Medicine entrance exam preparation must start from class 10th or 11th because first year of your intermediate may be decisive for strong base. Only subjects in class 12th are not enough to clear medicine entrance exams. Syllabus of these entrance exams is nearly similar as course curriculum of class 11 and 12. As of 2016, there are 413 medical Institutes in India with a total volume to train 52,766 Indian medical students each year at the under-graduate level. More than 6.4 lakh students appeared for the all India level medical Entrance exam, AIPMT last year. See the level of competition involved!
With the number of Medicine aspirants increasing each year, aspirants with good preparation, and the ability to handle pressure have an edge to perform better in these entrance exam
Medical Entrance Examination Simple Pattern
• The language of a medical question paper can be both Hindi and English.
• Medical entrance test may be a 1 stage or double stage entrance examination. If the exam is of one stage then a mains exam is conducted to execute the selection method, whereas if it a 2 stage entrance examination, then a preliminary and next a mains exam is conducted for the purpose of selection.
• Any medical entrance exam question paper usually divided in four parts namely Chemistry, Physics, Physics, General Knowledge and Physics.
• It may contains of 200 objective and reasoning type questions; 60 each from Chemistry, Biology, Physics and The GK section may consist of 25 questions.
• Each question has four options and 1 mark is offered for each correct choice. One third marks are however detected for every incorrect answer.
• Once the marks for the medical entrance exams are announced, counseling letter is sent to all the successful applicants with a prospectus of comprehensive admission procedure as may apply.
Medical Entrance Exam Eligibility
• The minimum age of the applicant shouldn’t be less than 17 years.
• A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or its same examination with Chemistry, Biology and Physics from a standard board and English as one of the main subjects.
• A candidate should have passed the higher secondary exam with 50% aggregate in English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
• The lowest passing percentage for the reserve categories is 55 % to appear in the Medical entrance exams.
• Those applicants who are awaiting for final results may also apply to appear in the medical entrance tests.
Some general tips for Medical Entrance Examinations Preparations
1. Have a long term goal of finishing the syllabus till X date, but focus more on short term goals. The syllabus is huge, take small steps. Don’t plan well in advance. Plan for a week or a day. Set accurate targets for a week and check your growth at the end of the week.
2. Don’t buy every text in town. Go through the NCERT and SCERT books thoroughly, and refer another 2 or 3 books for each subject for the numerical aspect and to know a Littlemore about a particular area
3. Attention more on clearing your fundamentals. Clear your thoughts, only then move to the depths of the topic
4. In case you feel you don’t understand anything , don’t hesitate to ask your mentors or friends, just ask them
5. Create a timetable adhere to it.
6. Regularly check on your growth by taking tests. That will help you fine tune your preparation,
7. Make sure that you overcome your weaknesses and emotions, before moving ahead.
8. Keep rereading whatever you do. Remember, it is a long marathon not a 200 meter dash.
9. Read articles/blogs books/papers by famous authors. If nothing else, this will tell you a little bit about what these legends have done. It will inspire and encourage you a lot
10. Don’t put yourself below huge pressure. Take your time do something you love , develop a hobby add have fun while studying
Tricks to Crack Medical entrance Examinations
1. Do hard work on tough areas, and take help from experienced persons
2. Memorize diagrams scientifically
3. Buy formulae cheat-sheets or make your own
4. Market is full of current affairs magazine and newspapers, take their advantage. You can also follow related blogs and news portals for current updates in technology and science.
5. Practice mock tests /previous year’s papers/ sample papers
6. Review core text books to stay away from any mistake and solve objective problem.
7. Rest is a significant part of study and exam preparation to keep good health
8. Do regular study And Make timetable intelligently
All India Medical Entrance Examinations
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
2. All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination (AIPMT)
3. Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Examination (AFMC Entrance Exam)
4. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER )
5. Association of Managements of Unaided Private Medical and Dental Colleges (AMUPMDC)
6. Other Exams like Combined Pre Medical Test
Top Medical Institutes in India
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi (AIIMS).
2. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (AFMC).
3. JIPMER College, Puducherry.
4. Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore.
5. Madras Medical College, Chennai.
6. Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi.
7. Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi.
Education Articles1. Your Cellphone. Your Ultimate Learning Aid
2. Why Sap Fico As A Career For Finance People?
3. Crushing Of A Cylindrical Tube
4. 5 Ways How Room Design Helps To Progress Guitar Playing
Author: David Ks Music School
5. Providing The Best Mother And Child Care
Author: ponting brown
6. Education Is Like Fun With Mobile Apps!
Author: ponting brown
7. Business Objects Training - Certification Course
8. Software Training Program For Dot Net
Author: MindQ Systems
9. Digital Marketing Services
Author: khajaramthulla channavaram
10. Terms And Definitions In Software Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
11. Wondering How To Write An Admission Essay? Follow This Section Closely
Author: Wayne Evans
12. Why Choose Prothoughts For Pmp Certification?
13. Get The Best And Interactive Training For Pmp Certification
14. How To Grow Professionally With Project Management Course?
15. What Type Of Training Is Offered For Pmp Training In Hyderabad