ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Amsterdam: There's More Than What Meets The Eye
Total Articles: 621
Although Amsterdam's bars, clubs, nightlife, and the notorious Red Light District, are as spirited as ever, there is so much to see and do in this one-of-a-kind city. One of Europe's most diverse and boundary-pushing destinations, Amsterdam has a rich history, tolerant culture and ethnic diversity.
The city is best seen on foot, but the public transportation system (trams, metros, trains, and buses) is also excellent. A great way to experience this city like a local, is to rent a bike and wind one’s way through leafy canals on one side and narrow alleys on the other.
Quirky and charming, the old-world city is lined with 17th-century buildings, canals and the constant sight of bicycles passing by. With more than 400-year-old waterways, Amsterdam’s world-famous Golden Age Canal Belt with its bridges and gables, and canal cruises,is a wanderer’s paradise.
No Amsterdam Tour Package is complete without experiencing the city’s rich artistic heritage. The city is dotted with world classmuseums-Stedelijk Museum, Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. Rijksmuseum is home to hundreds of famed Dutch old masters, including Rembrandt’s The Night Watch. You can find the world-famous self-portraits as well as paintings of sunflowers and irises at the Van Gogh Museum. At Stedelijk Museum, one can view modern and contemporary art, with an extraordinary collection that includes works by Picasso, Cézanne, Matisse, and Chagall, plus a collection of drawings and paintings by Malevich.
Amsterdam Tour Packages bring images of Tulips, Cheese,and Windmills to your mind.The city bursts into bloom around March, which continues until May. With a stunning collage of colors, Bloemenmarkt is the world’s only floating flower market and a famous place to buy tulips.
Out of the eight windmills remaining in Amsterdam, the most famous is De Gooyer. It is right next to the award winning brewery Brouwerij’t IJ, whichis a great place to sample beer. Delight your taste buds with the rich and complex taste of flavorful cheese at the Raypenaer tasting room.
Within the pockets of land that the canals network creates, one will find galleries, shops, and authentic cafés.The city has an almost endless stream of places to eat that combines culinary delights with unconventional locations.
Amsterdam featuresthe unmatched beauty of a 17th-century city with famous museums and art, along with an atmosphere that is very laid-back. Holidaying in Amsterdam is an experience of a lifetime, which nobody should miss out on.
Seenu Mathew is a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Travelling and photography are his passions. He recently returned from a trip through one of the Amsterdam Tour Package. In this article, he shares information on the various places that you must visit in Amsterdam.
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara