ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Best Eats In Cities Around The World
Total Articles: 213
Once you have started planning your trip by reviewing available cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, you should do be open to trying some of the tastiest foods at your destination.
Walking food tours, booming brewery scenes, and tasting events can satisfy your palate and put you in touch with the local history and culture.
The following are quintessential foods that can provide you the flavor of your destination and where to try them, according to Shannon McMahon:
• In Paris the croquet madame is truly special. It is a delectable baked ham and cheese sandwich on brioche smothered in more cheese and topped with a fried egg. While available almost everywhere, it is particularly praised at Le Petit Cler, a chic café a few steps from the Eiffel Tower.
• In Chicago expertly topped hot dogs and delectable Italian beef sandwiches are a delight. Portillos offers burgers, franks, iconic beef sandwiches, chili, and their infamous cake shakes.
• Boston clam chowder is really special. Nothing hits the spot more in cold weather than potato, clams, and bacon in hot chowder. The Chart House on Boston’s waterfront has won the local Chowderfest three times. Legal Seafood is also deservedly famous for its chowder.
• New Orlean’s best beignets can be found at the legendary Café du Monde. This famous bakery started as a French Market coffee stand in 1862 and continues to attract hoards with its sugary fried dough confections.
• In Madrid you must try churros con chocolate. Spaniards combine scalding chocolate with the deep fried goodness of warm, sugary dough. Try Chocolateria San Gines, world famous for their cheap, heaping churro plates.
• New York City is where you should enjoy pizza by the slice. For a real local experience, pass any sit down pizza joints and grab a paper thin slice for a couple of dollars. Check out famous Joe’s Pizza in Greenwich Village or take a walking pizza tour to try out the best pizza Manhattan has to offer.
• Montreal is well known for its smoked meat sandwiches. Schwartz’s Hebrew Delicatessen in the Jewish Quarter piles its sandwiches with flavorful, slow smoked beef that need no topping. The line (a true indication of superior food) is always out the doors, but moves fast and is well worth the brief wait.
• Lisbon’s bite sized custard pastries are a popular sweet breakfast treat. These egg tart pastries should be enjoyed with dark Portuguese coffee. You should try drinking the bitter local coffee, which is served in a tiny glass like a shot, with no milk, like the locals do.
• Athens is where you should taste the Souvlaki Gyro. A very modest spot near Syntagma Square called Souvlaki o Kostas pumps out chicken and pork filled pita gyros. Their perfectly seasoned meats, fresh vegetables, and tart yogurt makes for a truly incredible taste of Greece.
• Copenhagen smorrebrod is a smoked fish sandwich affordably served at Restaurant Shoennemann. Be open to trying smoked eel and pickled herring on rye bread.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal