ALL >> Travel >> View Article
2017 Boomer Top Travel Trends
Total Articles: 213
If you find yourself more capable of identifying cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, than in deciding what part of the world to visit, you should check out AARP’s top 2017 travel trends.
Boomer travelers view the following as the most desirable travel destinations, according to Allan Fallow:
• Mexico, the Caribbean, and Latin America are expected to be the most popular international destinations, according to a new AARP survey. 41 percent of the respondents expect to visit those places. European travel for boomers is expected to fall, with respondents indicating that 34 percent plan such a trip, down 10 points from 2016.
• 95 percent of the respondents plan to travel within the U.S., with the south and west expected to attract the most visitors. 16 percent of domestic travelers indicated that they plan on visiting Florida compared to 11 percent who expect to be California bound.
• 48 percent of retirees between the ages of 52 and 75 are interested in taking a cruise within the next two years. These would-be cruisers are not only looking at mega ship cruises. They also indicated increasing interest in bike-and-barge trips, limited to as few as 20 passengers.
• Road trip getaways continue to prove enticing. One third of respondents said that they had taken a road trip in the prior 12 months. 21 percent of boomers indicated that high airfares were encouraging them to take planned car trips instead.
• 40 percent of working boomers said that they will not take all of their earned vacation time in 2017. The same percentage feel obligated to stay in touch with their employers while on vacation. Respondents expect to spend at least 10 percent of their vacation time working.
• Older travelers interested in activity specific trips are willing to journey alone, even when that means leaving their significant others behind. Solo travelers make up to 50 percent of every group of Vermont based Country Walkers U.S. tours. While most solo travelers are female, many are married but traveling alone, or with friends.
• Pet owners are increasingly taking their dogs on trips. A 2016 survey found that 37 percent of dog owners travel with their dogs in cars which is up from 32 percent in 2014 and double the rate of a decade ago.
• Wellness travel including health spas, fitness cruises, hot springs resorts, ashrams, and soft adventure trips such as hiking and cycling, and voluntourism, will draw their biggest participants from people between the ages of 47 to 55 in 2017. Boomers are credited with inventing this type of travel.
• Authentic local travel experiences are increasingly attracting more boomers. Half of the respondents indicated that they want to eat a meal with locals so that they can get a more accurate feel of their destination. 40 percent said they would like to tour with locals.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family