ALL >> Religion >> View Article
Statue Of Buddha Is Associated With Good Health And Prosperity
Total Articles: 76
Buddhism is one of the prevalent religions of the world. Hence, a figurine of Gautam Buddha can be seen in many places that we visit. Nowadays, people do not look into the significance of a specific posture of the Buddha before purchasing it. Hence, the statue fails to serve the intended purpose.
According to Buddhist mythology, Siddhartha Gautam renounced the monetary elements of the world and set out to find a solution to the suffering of the world. After strict penance and meditation, he was elevated to the level of Buddha. His teachings constitute the core of what the culture of Buddhism talks about. Today, statues depicting his greatness can be seen all throughout the world. His graceful postures along with the hand mudras are a source of peace.
Significance Of The Postures Of Buddha:
• The statue that shows Buddha sitting cross-legged with his left hand on his lap and his right hand is raised and facing outwards is known as the Protecting Buddha. It is said that keeping this statue would help the surrounding people overcome their fears and struggles. It also signifies courage and protection from delusion or anger.
• A figurine of Buddha that shows him in a meditative posture, sitting cross-legged with his hands on his lap and eyes closed is known the Meditating Buddha. People who look for peace and tranquility in their busy lives have benefitted from keeping this particular statue in their midst. It is also great for those who want to improve their meditating skills.
• The Earth Calling Buddha is one in which he is sitting in a meditative posture with his left hand in his lap and his right hand pointing towards the ground. This posture is special because it is said to be the Moment of Enlightenment of Gautam Buddha. Success and hard work are signified with this statue and hence, it is advisable to keep it in the place of work.
• The Nirvana Buddha represents him reclining before his death. This statue is meant for the elderly to help them with the transition of life to death.
• The Teaching Buddha is when he is sitting cross-legged with his hands symbolizing the Wheel of Dharma. As teaching was an important part of his life, this statue is associated with good health and prosperity.
Placement Of The Buddha:
• Buddha should never be placed on the floor or in the bathroom.
• If the statue is kept in the bedroom, it should be placed inside a closed cabinet at all times.
• When kept in the central area of a place, it should face the door.
• Outdoor Buddha statues should always face the house.
The primary reason of placing a statue of Buddha is to bring in the healing power of positive energy into a household, hence it should be treated with respect.
Religion Articles1. Benefits Of Tibetan Prayer Flags
2. The Significance Of A Shiva Linga
Author: Chinmay Gandhi
3. Pandits For Griha Pravesh In Bangalore
4. How To Analyse End-time Bible Prophecy Using?
Author: Gabriel Logan
5. Energy Healing Tips To Get Rid Of Stress
6. Indian Famous Powerful Hinduism Spiritual Mantra For Peace And Control Your Soul Mate
7. Bangalore Astrolgers For Nadi Astrology
8. Get The Best Astrologers
9. Lord Kṛṣṇa Gave Knowledge Of Bhagavad-gita To The Sun-god
Author: Lord krsna
10. Indian Astrology - Then, Now, Forever
11. The Origin Of Astrology
12. Vastu Tips For Your Professional Life If You Facing Struggle.
Author: Dr. Puneet Chawla
13. Seven Vastu Tips For Your Health
Author: Dr. Puneet Chawla
14. Benefits Of Feng Shui Bejeweled Wish Fulfilling Tortoise
15. Do Pranic Healing For Healthy Life