ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Prevent Wood Rot?
Total Articles: 59
If you have wooden garage doors you would need to look into their maintenance from time to time. Usually wooden structures, at the time of construction are polished, painted and treated. However, wooden structures usually need treatment from time to time, especially when they are part of external structures. Wood rot is a kind of damage that is common to old wooden structures. If you have wooden garage doors that have been left untreated for long, you need to opt for garage door maintenance. Usually fungal infestation occurs which causes wooden doors to rot. When fungal infestation occurs this might extend to substrate layers being infested where the fungal colonies take advantage of the moisture and nutrients to be found in the wood. You need to take steps to prevent such fungal infestation from taking place.
In order to prevent fungal infestation from taking place, it is necessary to opt for garage door maintenance from time to time. Wood needs to be prevented from coming in touch with moist conditions. If wood is allowed to stay moist, this can lead to wood rotting. Lumber companies often treat wood in ways that it will be able to resist moisture and allow the wood to remain unaffected from moist conditions. They usually add on chemicals on the surface of wood which prevents fungal infestation from taking place. However, over time, the chemicals and polishes or treatments tend to wear off. As a result, you need to opt for windows repair Pretoria or similar services that can come over and offer the right treatment for your wooden structures. If you have sourced the garage doors from a promoter, you could ask the same service to provide you with maintenance facilities from time to time.
In order to understand how bad the wood rot condition is you need to check for certain features. Usually treated wood lasts and prevents fungal infestation from the air. However, ground contact needs to be prevented as well as such infestation or moisture can come in from the ground or soil. Dry rot is a condition where wood becomes damp even when it is treated. This can happen in extreme rain and similar conditions. When untreated timber starts to rot it is termed as rotting simply as it gets fungal colonies on it. Wood rot would make wood stringy, spongy and crumbly. Usually the outer layers remain unaffected while the rot happens from inside. Only when the rot becomes extreme it shows up on the surface. If you are unsure about the state of your garage doors and whether they can be treated or need to be replaced, it would be best to call in the experts of windows repair Pretoria. Wood experts will be able to identify wood rot and the state of the same. If it is possible to cure the wood, they will treat the wood accordingly. In other cases, they would advise you to change the garage doors with any other material.
This article is about the uses and benefits of treated wood or lumber. The author talks about the different garage door maintenance methods here.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy