ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Explore The Best Scuba Diving Sites In The Us Virgin Islands
Total Articles: 4
Most of the North American travelers who want to enjoy a world class scuba diving holiday, look no further then the US Virgin Islands. The top scuba diving destinations of USVI like St. Croix, St. Thomas and St. John offer shipwrecks, caves, vibrant coral reefs and more that will help in enjoying a memorable scuba diving holiday.
On your scuba diving holiday in the USVI, you will come across beautiful marine life and witness sea turtles, seahorses, barracuda, lobsters, sea cucumbers, reef sharks and tropical fish. The marine creatures are frequently spotted while enjoying exhilarating scuba diving.
A brief explanation about the top scuba diving destinations of USVI:
1. St.Thomas- St. Thomas is the most easily accessible USVI Island and has gorgeous beaches with pristine reef dives and unusual underwater rock formations. You will find here plenty of creature comforts on land.
2. St. John- This USVI Island has a lot of protected areas, which will prove to be any eco-traveler’s dream on both land and beneath the surface.
3. St. Croix- This USVI Island is a remote area, which offers the greatest variety of diving sites.
These USVI Islands feature soft, white sand beaches and warm, alluring turquoise water, which proves to be every scuba divers dream vacation destination.
Please have a look at the list of top rated and most popular US Virgin Islands scuba diving sites that you will love to explore on a wonderful holiday trip:
1. Cow and Calf Rocks in St. Thomas:
This diving site is located off the southeast end of St. Thomas, which will take about a 45 minute boat ride from Charlotte Amalie. The Cow and Calf Rocks is one of the best diving spots in St. Thomas, where you can also enjoy a wonderful snorkeling. While enjoying scuba diving or snorkeling at this site, you will discover a network of coral tunnels filled with reefs, caves and ancient boulders encrusted with coral.
2. Eagle Shoals in St. John:
This diving site in St. John has many tunnels, caves, arches and overhangs, which helps in protecting a wide variety of fish. One of the caves found at this dive site has several entrances and referred as “the Cathedral”. While enjoying diving at this site, you will love to explore the colorful sponges and orange cup coral to witness the queen and French angelfish.
3. Butler Bay Wrecks in St. Croix:
This diving site contains several shipwrecks and a few abandoned cars such as The Rosa Maria (54 metre/177 foot freighter), Coakley Bay (former oil refinery tugboat), Suffolk Maid (a large trawler- sank during a hurricane) and more. These wrecks are now covered with brightly colored sponges, reefs and have turned to a home for beautiful marine life, which you will love to explore.
You will find the water and weather are quite suitable and consistent throughout the year, which makes it great for enjoying a wonderful scuba diving holiday in the US Virgin Islands,. On a well planned scuba diving holiday trip to the USVI, you will get to witness some featured creatures like Queen Angelfish, the cup corals, sea fans, feather duster worms, frogfish, reef squid, scorpion fish, blackbar soldierfish and more. You can also consider the best programs or PADI certified scuba diving lessons in the US Virgin Islands from a reputable diving center; this will help in enhancing your scuba diving holiday experience.
This article is produced by Admiralty Dive Center- one of the best diving centers, which offers best scuba diving programs and PADI certified scuba diving lessons in US Virgin Islands.
Sports Articles1. Buying The Perfect Badminton Racket Is No Child’s Play.
Author: Jeremy Hughes
2. Soccer Drill Unpacked: Goalkeeper Reaction Dives
Author: Michael Magid
3. Why Casino Roulette Online On The Internet?
4. Should Casinos See Their Future In Playtech?
5. Personal Fitness Trainer Helps In Redefining Your Fitness Objectives!
Author: Zack Ayala
6. Getting The Most From A Golf Course Guide
Author: Ian Mullins
7. Why 4-d Lottery Is More Popular Than Casino Games?
8. 4v4 To Lines Or Tiny Goals
Author: Michael Magid
9. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
10. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
11. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
12. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
13. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
14. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
15. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far