ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Advice For Thanksgiving Fliers
Total Articles: 211
While you may have done a great job of reviewing your cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, prior to finalizing your travel plans its helps to know what to expect and how to cope when traveling over the holidays.
U.S. airlines are expected to transport 27.3 million fliers between November 18th and November 29th, an increase of 2.5 percent.
Common concerns when flying over the holidays including onboard comfort given that planes tend to be packed to capacity and long lines at airport security checkpoints.
The following are the three heaviest/busiest travel days:
• Sunday, November 27
• Monday, November 28th
• Wednesday, November 23rd
The lightest travel day will be on Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24th.
The projected busiest airports will be:
• Los Angeles
• Chicago O’Hare
• Dallas-Ft. Worth
• New York – JFK
• San Francisco
• Las Vegas
On the busiest travel days planes will be close to 100 percent full, particularly on more popular routes. Airport security checkpoints will be stressed to the breaking point.
The following are tips on how to best deal with flying during the busiest days of the year:
• Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport, particularly if you will be parking at an airport lot.
• Reserve flights early in the day to increase your odds of being placed on a later flight the same day if your original flight is cancelled.
• Travel to/from secondary (less popular) airports.
• Avoid checking bags, if at all possible.
• One way to avoid being treated like cattle in coach is to use miles to upgrade or pay extra for premium economy.
• Place the phone numbers for your airline, hotel, and rental car in your cellphone for easy access.
• Fully charge your cellphone before departure.
• To avoid having to deal with the gate crowd, consider buying a day pass to your airline’s airport lounge.
• Sign up for PreCheck for expedited security clearance.
Be realistic and face the fact that none of the above will guarantee your travel plans will go without a hitch. Be relaxed and expect travel to be stressful. Observe the Golden Rule and treat others, especially airline and airport employees, how you would like to be treated.
Travel Articles1. Advantages Of Utilizing Car Rental Service In Bhubaneswar
Author: Ori Cab
2. Get The Best Travel Experience With The Car
Author: Ori Cab
3. Best Luxury Hotels & Resorts In Nashik
Author: Soma Vine Village
4. The Slow Walk To The Aisle Celebrated Well With Limo Rental Atlanta
Author: Limo Rental Atlanta
5. Get Best Trekking Experience With Affordable Langtang Trek Tour
Author: Frolic Adventure
6. Easy Wedding Shuttle Service Via Charter Bus Rental In San Diego
Author: Hire Charter Bus
7. Visiting The Highly Crowded Place In The World
Author: ponting brown
8. Cheap Limo Service With High Wedding Quality Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
9. The Ultimate Reward: Super Bowl Tickets And A Dallas Coach Bus
Author: Jimmy Diesl
10. Making The Most Out Of Cairo Day Tours
Author: Ahmed Samir
11. Horsley Hills A Pleasant Climate
12. Taxi In Dehradun, Car On Rent Dehradun
13. High-end Destination Wedding Facilitation In Dc Via Charter Bus
14. Hire | Rental | Hire Services - Anythingforhire
Author: Anything For Hire
15. Regional Adventures Near Monte Vista, Colorado
Author: Mike Suthar