ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Advice For Thanksgiving Fliers
Total Articles: 213
While you may have done a great job of reviewing your cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, prior to finalizing your travel plans its helps to know what to expect and how to cope when traveling over the holidays.
U.S. airlines are expected to transport 27.3 million fliers between November 18th and November 29th, an increase of 2.5 percent.
Common concerns when flying over the holidays including onboard comfort given that planes tend to be packed to capacity and long lines at airport security checkpoints.
The following are the three heaviest/busiest travel days:
• Sunday, November 27
• Monday, November 28th
• Wednesday, November 23rd
The lightest travel day will be on Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 24th.
The projected busiest airports will be:
• Los Angeles
• Chicago O’Hare
• Dallas-Ft. Worth
• New York – JFK
• San Francisco
• Las Vegas
On the busiest travel days planes will be close to 100 percent full, particularly on more popular routes. Airport security checkpoints will be stressed to the breaking point.
The following are tips on how to best deal with flying during the busiest days of the year:
• Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport, particularly if you will be parking at an airport lot.
• Reserve flights early in the day to increase your odds of being placed on a later flight the same day if your original flight is cancelled.
• Travel to/from secondary (less popular) airports.
• Avoid checking bags, if at all possible.
• One way to avoid being treated like cattle in coach is to use miles to upgrade or pay extra for premium economy.
• Place the phone numbers for your airline, hotel, and rental car in your cellphone for easy access.
• Fully charge your cellphone before departure.
• To avoid having to deal with the gate crowd, consider buying a day pass to your airline’s airport lounge.
• Sign up for PreCheck for expedited security clearance.
Be realistic and face the fact that none of the above will guarantee your travel plans will go without a hitch. Be relaxed and expect travel to be stressful. Observe the Golden Rule and treat others, especially airline and airport employees, how you would like to be treated.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family