ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Benefits Of Using Lasers To Treat Gum Disease
Total Articles: 24
a) When lasers are used the surgeon does not require to cut into the gums using blades so that they can remove the diseased tissue. Using of blades involves cutting healthy tissue to reach the diseased tissue. This is not the case with lasers.
b) Laser technology helps in accessing all areas of the gums that need treatment. It does not affect the bones, teeth or even the healthy tissue. This is usually done by the differentiation of healthy and diseased gum tissue color.
c) As there are no blades and only diseased tissue is removed and treated, the pain and discomfort are lesser than other traditional methods of gum surgery.
d) The risk of complications is decreased as well as there are no blades used or other tissue which is affected. This means the recovery time is faster for the patient.
In addition to gum surgery, gum treatment also uses lasers for periodontitis. This is when various kinds of bacteria affect the gum. These bacteria are found in plaque that is usually collected on the gum line of the teeth. They then migrate following the root surfaces and they calcify there and produce tartar. This causes the inside lining of the gums to get ulcerated and inflamed. This if not treated in time can cause the periodontal tissues to be destroyed and this, in turn, causes the loss of the tooth.
Therefore, to arrest the disease, initial therapy is applied where the surfaces of the root are disinfected and cleaned and so healthy tissue can then grow in its place.
Traditional this consists of scaling or root debridement. This is done by hand instruments or sometimes even ultrasonic instruments could be used. This requires a lot of skill and a lot of time as well. This also consists of removing the pockets which are formed between the teeth and the gum tissue. However, this is not necessary as the tissues heal regardless of if the pocket lining is removed or not.
In-House Dental Hygienist Sydney technology replaces this therapy and gingival curettage is possible using it. It is also used to remove calculus as well as biofilm which is on the root surface. This, in fact, is a better method due to the following reasons:
a) There is minimal damage to the tissues and minimal swelling caused
b) There is much less bleeding
c) The area being treated gets sterilized
d) The post treatment discomfort is reduced
e) The patients are less scared and are more open for these procedures
These are some of the benefits of lasers for Professional Dental Hygienist.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe