ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
5 Safety Tips For Construction Workers
Total Articles: 16
Construction workers are superheroes who risk their life and safety to build complex and simple constructions for the need of others. Understandable it’s their work but that does not simplify the amount of risks undertaken to complete projects and ensure that they are safe in the long run. Working as a construction worker is not easy and requires great care and diligence since most of the work is extremely dangerous and deals with heavy weight machines, wobbling stairs, and heights. The risks can stress out an industrial construction worker but thankfully are safety measures which can make help to avoid common injuries.
Much of the work is done using tools of different kinds. Therefore, if the designs are not ergonomic and the instruments portable, work will slow down and become difficult to manage. Gripping the same uncomfortable and heavy hammer can strain your hand and numb the fingers finally causing it to slip from your hands. Continued usage can even cause tendonitis, trigger finger, carpal tunnel syndrome etc. High powered tools can cause excessive vibration and noise. It is better to use them at lower vibrations using both hands.
Lifting heavy objects is part of daily construction work. Care should be taken while picking anything heavy because backaches can be really troublesome and can affect work. Don’t twist while lifting an object and always bend your knees. This strains the muscles less and helps maintain balance.
Protective apparels are a must for construction workers. They should be provided with safety helmets, harnesses, protective eyewear, ear muffs, and rubber gloves. While operating heavy machinery bright colored clothes should be worn for maximum visibility. Safety boots are a must and should be of the non-skid variety so that it can be used on any surface. A breathing mask often helps to work with unpleasant and even toxic fumes. It is a protection against dust and other allergens which are found in construction sites. Safety gears should be removed cautiously to avoid any wear and tear.
Scaffolds are highly risky but they are always necessary for industrial construction companies. They should be constructed on a rigid and solid surface and around 10 feet away from the power source or line. Never leave any debris or instruments on the scaffold while leaving work, keep it as clean as possible. Scaffolds should not be used in bad weather because they increase the risk of accidents. The construction and dismantling of the scaffold should be overseen by an experienced supervisor to reduce the chances of mishaps.
High voltage electricity is used in any industrial construction. But caution should be exercised to see that the wires are safe and there is no wear and tear. While using portable devices like drills and grinders check if the power supply has proper earthing. If there is any problem with the machines ask the mechanic to check rather than tinkering with it yourself. Basic training is necessary for handling electrical equipments which should be provided during training.
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. Get Top Real Estate Developers In Bangalore
2. What To Know About Buying A House
3. Experience The High-class Lifestyle At Ariisto Celestia
Author: Nikku Sharma
4. Is Your Property Broker Cheating You?
Author: Priya Jain
5. What Documents To Check To Avoid Fraud When Buying House/property?
Author: Priya Jain
6. Shriram Chirping Woods – Chirping Happiness In Lives Of All Its Residents
Author: Sapna Singh
7. Apartments In Bellandur: Perfect Investment For Techies From Adjoining Workplaces
Author: Red Coupon
8. A Short And Easy Guide To Purchasing Property In Bulgaria
Author: Andy Turver
9. Looking To Buy Your Dream Home? Know How To Negotiate Property Purchase
Author: Priya Jain
10. Quick Guide For Selecting As Short Sale Realtor
Author: RC NC
11. Boerne Tx Homes For Sale – Get The Comparable Price With The Help Of Boerne Tx Real Estate Agent!
Author: Richmond Frasier
12. A Potent Force In Real Estate- Suninder Sandha
13. For Prime Real Estate, Istanbul Is The Premier Choice
Author: Hariom Sharan
14. The Support Of Best Luxury Home Designs For Building A Home
Author: Leila Adam
15. Reasons For The Increasing Real Estate Interest In Talegaon