ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Total Articles: 68
If you suffer from teeth staining or decay, or an uneven bite, porcelain veneers are a great option for you to get a beautiful smile. Made of thin material that will cover your problematic tooth, these porcelain coverings will quickly give you the look that you want. However, if you are not careful, it can be very easy to damage them. So how long do veneers last? It heavily depends on how you take care of them. Think of your daily habits that can affect your veneers, and you should be able to extend their life.
Generally sturdy, porcelain veneers can last for up to 15 years with proper care. Depending on the kind of damage or wear they incur, they might need a cosmetic repair or a complete replacement. The habits that can damage natural teeth are the same habits that can shorten the lifespan of veneers. Just like natural teeth, they crack and chip so biting down on hard foods and inedible items can damage their surface. Veneers can stain as well, so frequent exposure to coffee, tea or wine should be avoided.
Making Veneers Last
There is not much that can be done about the lifespan of porcelain veneers because they really are not meant to be a permanent fix. Still, you can get the most out of them by ensuring that you treat them properly. After all, veneers can be a great dental health investment, and ensuring that they last will give you your money’s worth. Below are some ways to properly take care of veneers.
1. Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush at least twice daily and floss regularly. Also, ensure that you frequently see your dentist for cleanings and check-ups.
2. Wear mouth protection. If you are into contact sports, get a mouth guard. Any impact to the face can lead to chipped or cracked veneers.
3. Do not use your teeth as a tool. Many people use their teeth to loosen a knot or cut things, but this is one of the most dangerous habits that can damage teeth.
4. Address teeth-grinding. If you clench or grind your teeth when you sleep (called bruxism), talk to your dentist about getting veneers first. Bruxism can lead to cracked veneers.
Porcelain veneers just might be the solution to get the smile that you have always wanted, but remember that they still require proper care. Treat them right and you should get more than a decade of use from them. If you plan on getting veneers, make sure that you get a consultation with a reputable dentist who has had the necessary training and experience to fit you with high quality porcelain veneers.
For more information visit our website: http://www.castlehillsdentistry.com/porcelain-veneers-lewisville-tx/
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab