ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Gm Fabrics Launches Gmf - Premium Furnishings Brand; Associates With Bt Most Powerful Women Awards
Total Articles: 9
GM Fabrics, India’s leading name in the home furnishing fabrics segment, recently announced the launch of its premium line of furnishings under the new brand GMF. The company owns the popular brand Homes Furnishings that caters to middle and upper middle class households. In its new avatar, the company will now expand its influence to premium audiences through its exclusive designer-created collections. The Taj Collection, which captures the essence of a classic era while maintaining the contemporary sensibilities with pleasing effect will feature under the GMF brand.
"The perseverance and passion of master craftsmen gave the world what has endured as poetry in stone. Great thought and effort have gone into the detailing of the Taj collection. While it captures the essence of a classic era, it maintains contemporary sensibilities with pleasing effect," explains Mr Gurvinder Singh, MD – GM Fabrics.
In line with the brand’s enhanced philosophy and positioning, GMF recently associated with the prestigious BT Most Powerful Women Awards 2016 as its ‘Design Partner’. Initiated in 2003, the Business Today Most Powerful Women in Business survey recognizes and felicitates female business leaders who have scaled the pinnacle in their respective fields. Documenting these achievements, the initiative further salutes the spirit of successful business women through a special issue titled Most Powerful Women in Indian Business. In concept, appreciating the fact that they aren’t just successful executives, entrepreneurs or administrators admired and respected within their own organizations, but voices that are heard and heeded across the sector in which their companies operate, and even across corporate India.
Adding to the pedigree of the event, the Chief Guest was none other than Ms Smriti Irani, Minister of Textiles, Government of India. A dynamic personality herself, she acknowledged the contribution of women and the role they play not just in the progress of their respective organizations but also in the development of the nation as a whole.
Talking about the association with BT Most Powerful Women Awards 2016, Ms. Vandana Sethhi, Water Communications, said, “GMF as a brand caters to the crème-da-la-crème of society. BT Most Powerful Women Awards, recognizing the contribution of women at the top, offered a perfect fit with our brand philosophy in terms of both target audience and ideology.”
Women who were felicitated that evening included:
• Aarthi Subramanian, ED (Global Head – Delivery Excellence, Governance & Compliance) - TCS
• Alice G. Vaidyan, CMD - General Insurance Corporation of India
• Anita Dongre, Founder - House of Anita Dongre
• Anita Kapur, Member - Compat (Competition Appellate Tribunal)
• Apurva Purohit, President - Jagran Group
• Arundhati Bhattacharya, CMD - State Bank of India
• Ashu Suyash, MD & CEO - Crisil
• Chitra Ramkrishna, MD & CEO - National Stock Exchange
• Ekta Kapoor, Joint Managing Director - Balaji Telefilms
• Kaku Nakhate, President & Country Head - Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Neelam Dhawan, MD - Hewlett Packard India Sales Pvt. Ltd.
• Nita Ambani, Director - Reliance Industries
• Pallavi Shroff, Managing Partner - Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
• Priya Nair, ED (Home Care Division) - Hindustan Unilever
• Radhika Piramal, Managing Director - VIP Industries Ltd.
• Rekha Menon, CMD - Accenture India
• Rita Teaotia, Commerce Secretary - Government of India
• Roshni Nadar, CEO - HCL Corporation
• Schauna Chauhan Saluja, CEO - Parle Agro
• Shanti Ekambaram, President (Consumer Banking) - Kotak Mahindra Bank
• Sonali Kulkarni, President & CEO - Fanuc India
• Suneeta Reddy, Managing Director - Apollo Hospitals Group
• Sunita Sharma, MD & CEO - LIC Housing Finance
• Tanya Dubash, ED & Chief Brand Officer - Godrej Group
• Usha Sangwan, Managing Director - LIC India
• Vani Kola, Managing Director - Kalaari Capital
• Vanitha Narayanan, Managing Director - IBM India
• Vinita Gupta, CEO - Lupin Limited
• Vishakha Mulye, Executive Director - ICICI Bank
• Zarin Daruwala, CEO - Standard Chartered Bank, India
About GM Fabrics:
GM Fabrics was established in 1967 and has evolved into a highly successful group over the past four decades. Today, it ranks amongst the country’s largest producers of jacquard decorative fabrics for drapery, upholstery, wide width sheers and embroidery. Based in Mumbai, GM Fabrics boasts a robust network across the country, thereby offering the finest in quality fabrics designed to adorn and enhance living spaces.
The brand’s core mission is to live up to its promise of providing customers with the experience of ‘International Living’. GMF fabrics come woven with the values of commitment and dedication – an impeccable range in varied hues, colours, textures and designs.
The company’s journey has been extremely eventful – along the way and over the years, winning the confidence of thousands of customers across the globe through a quality offering of premium fabrics at very competitive prices. In nearly half a century, the group has expanded its business operations with 60% of furnishings fabrics exported to over 25 countries across Europe and Asia.
The success of GM Fabrics is a function of the solid support and respect it has received from all its associates.
Home and Garden Articles1. 10 Diy Techniques That Can Help You Clean Your House
Author: Angela Joseph
2. Aireloom Mattresses: Luxury You Can Count On
3. The Right Electrician For Your Specific Need
Author: Brown Ross
4. The Affordable, Reliable And Thorough Move In Move Out Services In Clermont Fl
Author: Rose Conta
5. Copper Pipes And Water Heater Management
Author: Bob Sander
6. Why You Need The Right Wood For Your Wide Plank Flooring?
Author: Stella margret
7. Improve Air Quality Standards With Commercial Duct Cleaning In Calgary
Author: Airmaid Furnace & Duct Cleaning
8. 6 Top Reasons To Hire Professional For Air Conditioning Installation
Author: Catherine White
9. Painting Contractors In Orlando Fl Help To Increase The Value Of A Property
Author: Steve Johnson’s Painting Service
10. Know How You Can Create A Rainbow-like Landscape
Author: Noah Seery
11. Don't Do Diy Stuff In Your House If You Are Not Sure About Your Capabilities
Author: Charlie Symon
12. Select The Best Time To Paint Your Property Exterior
Author: Hudson Cambage
13. Lead Paint Removal- A Simple Way To Live A Much Healthier Life
Author: Ethan J Anderson
14. Take The Painting Brush In Your Hands And Be Prepared For The Painting Job
Author: Thomas Nicolas
15. Strengthen The Foundation Of Your Home And Beautify It With The Use Of Concrete
Author: Adam Catt