ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
For The People Obsessed With Christian Matrimonies!
Total Articles: 18
Let’s be honest, we have all, at one point or the other, dreamt of the D-Day- with the flawless and sublime white gown which makes you look like a million bucks, the bewitching setting of the aisle at the other end of which the mystery man will be standing, the heartfelt (but funny at the same time) vows which you will exchange, the just-perfect aura of the day. The only day where you have the certified right to be crazy and selfish!
But in more ways than one, our very dear Hollywood has created an exaggerated version of it all which has been imprinted in our minds. The most popular myth about a Christian matrimony is that it is extremely short in its duration which is totally baseless and false.
There are so many other things that happen in a Christian matrimonial ceremony.
Bridal shower- This is one enjoyable event hosted by the bride’s female friends. According to tradition, the bride serves everyone present with a pink cake. Now what is different about this cake is that there is a thimble hidden in the cake and the recipient of said thimble is going to get married next. So watch out people!
Bachelor’s/Bachelorette’s party- According to the clichéd version, this party is supposed to be extremely wild as it is a celebration of the couple’s last evening as a bachelor/bachelorette.
Rehearsal wedding and dinner- This is a pre-wedding ceremony usually held the night before the wedding and hosted by the groom’s family. The guests generally include the couple and their close family members.
The D-Day- We have the proper order of a Christian matrimonial ceremony for you:
• Prelude and lighting of candles-If there is an arrangement for a musical prelude or solo, it should take place5-10 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony and the candles can be lit either before the arrival of the guests or it can be included as part of the prelude.
• The Bridal Processional Begins- The Minister and Groom usually enter from the right. The groomsmen may accompany the bridesmaids or may enter with the groom.
• The Bride is here-At last, the bride enters along with her father and at this point everyone rises from their seat to welcome the bride.
• The Opening Prayer-The minister conducts the opening prayer where he/she invokes God’s blessings for the couple.
• Giving Away of the Bride- The father of the bride hugs her and honors tradition by ‘giving her away’ at the altar. After this, their parents take their respective seats.
• The Pledge-This is the dreamy part where the bride and groom promise to stand by each other during times of adversity and pledge their loyalty.
• Wedding Vows-At this point the Bride and Groom face each other. They exchange vows which are either written by them or provided to them by the church itself.
• Exchanging of the Rings-The bride and groom exchange rings as a mark of their love and respect for their relationship.
• The Pronouncement- The priest finally pronounces the bride and groom as husband and wife.
• Communion-Many people in a Christian matrimonial ceremony opt for communions as a mark of their first activity as a married couple wherein they share bread and wine and start off their new life.
Where is the party tonight?After the main ceremony is over, the couple enjoy and relax. They cut their wedding cake and have their first dance as a married couple.
The best part about Christian Matrimony? The vows. None of it matters if you break your vows and don’t respect them. Stay true, stay happy!
Wedding Articles1. 2 Bridesmaid Dresses Trends That Are Favored By Most Fashion Designers!
2. How To Chose Your Wedding Car?
3. Events By Keisha- A Professional Choice For Successful Party
Author: Keisha Walker
4. Have You Found Your Fort Lauderdale Wedding Photographers Yet?
5. Smart Guide To Flower Decoration In Plush Event Venues Of Bangalore
Author: Syed Atif
6. Top Wedding Reception Ideas For A Truly Successful Event
7. Luxury Features Of Bangalore Wedding Resorts
Author: Atif Syed
8. Share Wedding Video Invitations Online With Friends And Family Members
Author: Abhishek Sawant
9. How To Plan The Best Caribbean Wedding
Author: Romanus Melius
10. Carda - Buy Online Wedding Cards, Wedding Hampers, Indian Wedding Invitations & Envelopers Design
Author: Carda Cards
11. How To Order For A Lovely Gujarati Wedding Kankotri Invite?
Author: Mangesh Shah
12. Bangalore Banquet Halls And Grand Ideas To Decorate Them
Author: Syed Atif
13. How To Live A Happy Married Life (part 4)
14. A Few Things To Know About Wedding Photography And Wedding Photographer In Cancun
Author: Luckie Photography
15. Dreaming Of A Grand Royal Indian Wedding??
Author: Hari Kant