ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
Traditional Indian Weddings- Colourful And Blessed
Total Articles: 18
Indian weddings are well known for their grandeur and the closeness that they bring about during the days of the wedding ceremony. Being a land of rich tradition and culture, India is the country where traditional marriage settings can be seen almost every time during the wedding season. Though the people in the country have their own traditions and rituals to complete when it comes to marriage, the expectations and the fervour with which these weddings are being done never misses out on their point.
Almost all the Indian weddings are bright and cheerful. People who attend these weddings make it a point to wear colourful clothes to rope in the positive vibes on this particular day. All the elders come together on this to bless the bride and the groom for a happy married life. What makes the Indian weddings so special is that, even before the actual date of the wedding, there are several small ceremonies that need to be conducted for the bride and the groom. This varies depending upon the region or the religion to which the bride and the groom belongs to.
As mentioned, the ritual and the traditions for each and every Indian marriage vary depending upon their caste or their religion. At times the Muslim and the Christian weddings make take place only for about one or two days, but the Hindu weddings are conducted over a period of atleast 4 days at the stretch. To say for example, even in Kerala there might be people from more than one religion living in the place. This way the Syro Malabar matrimony scenario would be completely different for most of the people. This is true as the Kerala matrimony Christian ceremony might be different from that of the Hindus or the Muslims in that region.
The Kerala matrimony is so colourful and full of music and dance. There are two things that one can look for in some of the typical traditional Kerala weddings.
• Chenda Melam is one such instrument that is played at most of the traditional Syro Malabar matrimony ceremonies. Chenda is the instrument being used and gives out a loud beat when played on. These are played right after the actual wedding ceremony gets over as a welcome for the bride and the groom into the vows of holy matrimony. These Chendas or big drums are played by both the men and women according to the pre-determined beats.
• Apart from this, trained and experienced dancers also perform the Kathakali, Mohiniattam or Kodiyattam during the wedding ceremonies in Kerala.
These are few scenarios that a person can experience when they attend a wedding ceremony in Kerala. On contrary to this, not all wedding ceremonies in Kerala make use of the musical instruments and the dancers for the wedding ceremonies. Other kinds of wedding scenarios that can be seen include,
• In the Kerala matrimony Christian, wedding involves a simple ceremony at the Church where the bride and the groom exchanges rings and vows in front of their close and loved ones.
• The Muslim wedding ceremonies in Kerala are mostly called as Nikkah are done according to the teachings in the Quran. The groom gives his proposal and is conveyed to the bride by the Head Priest and bride gives her acceptance, which is conveyed to the groom by the Head Priest.
In almost all the religions, after the actual wedding ceremony has gotten over, there is a huge banquet arranged for both the sides of the families. All the festivity and the enthusiasm with which such traditional Indian weddings are being conducted, makes them a really special day, filled with love and happiness.
Wedding Articles1. Love And Relationship
2. Step Up Towards Marriage Bureau In India And Find Your Better Half
Author: Kunal bhandari
3. All You Need To Choose And Style A Wedding Suit For Summer
Author: Matt Perro
4. Business Event Management: Hire A Professional To Get Success
Author: Mr. Rajib Banerjee
5. Fresh Colour Combinations For Your Vineyard Wedding!
Author: Carly Odgers
6. Embrace The Artistry Of Wedding Photographers Surpassing The Expectations
7. 5 Tips Of Wedding Mandap Decoration From The Best Flower Decorators
Author: Syed Atif
8. A Brief On The Wedding Planner In Bhubaneswar
Author: Prakash Kumar
9. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates -6 Inch Square Palm Le
10. Arrange Marriage| Matrimony Services| Matrimonial Site In India| Jammu| Jalandhar
11. Tips For Finding And Hiring Expert Columbia Wedding Photographers
Author: Stephen Mathis
12. Notable Features Of Matrimonial Websites In India
Author: Rashmi Patel
13. Vary Your Event Or Theme Wedding Decorations With Changing Seasons
Author: Syed Atif
14. Planning Your Best Wedding With Cabo San Lucas Wedding Photographer
Author: Alejandro Thomas
15. How To Choose Best Wedding Coordinator Orlando?
Author: Sagar Gore