ALL >> Health >> View Article
Discover The Truth Behind Drug Detoxification
Total Articles: 3
Many of us have heard about the term “detoxification”, but do you have a clear idea on what this process means? If your loved is currently diagnosed with drugs or substance abused, the medical personnel assigned may advise drug detox.
What is drug detoxification?
Drug detoxification is a medical procedure that is designed to help a patient suffering from drug or alcohol addiction eliminate these substances from his or her bodily system.
What is expected to happen during a drug detoxification?
Below is a checklist of things expected to happen when someone is admitted to undergo drug detoxification at any of the registered drug and alcohol detox centers:
• The whole process isn’t an easy journey
Yes, this is one of the things that the person diagnosed with drug or alcohol addiction is expected to undergo when enrolled in a drug detoxification program, the whole process isn’t an easy journey to the patient. Why? There are many side effects that a patient will have to deal with before he or she can be clear from drugs or alcohol like sweating, rapid heartbeat, feeling of anxiety, unexplained body tremors while some experienced insomnia and hallucinations. All these side effects occur during the withdrawal phase because the craving for drugs or alcohol is still present.
• The length of detoxification treatment may vary
Each patient’s case of drug addiction differs and the length of prescribed detoxification treatment may vary. Depending on the patient’s detoxification need, medical condition and other underlying issues, the detoxification treatment could range from days, weeks or even months in order to achieve full recovery.
• Drug detox is preparation for drug rehab
Drug detoxification is the initial stage that a drug dependent will have to undergo. This medical procedure is done as part of the patient’s preparation for drug rehab. There are also cases wherein a patient who availed a drug detoxification treatment may return to his or her old vices like drugs. If this happens, the tolerance level might increase and there’s a huge possibility of patient being dependent on drugs.
• Several detoxification treatments may be required
As I’ve mentioned if a drug dependent who initial detoxification didn’t bring desired outcome of total withdrawal from drugs, he or she may be required to undergo several detoxification sessions before he or she can declared drug free.
Is there a need to go to a residential drug rehab?
If the patient’s drug addiction is a recurring case despite undergoing detoxification, the need for a residential drug rehab might be the best alternative solution to achieve complete sobriety. This kind of drug addiction treatment facility is mostly equipped with highly skilled medical team of experts, psychiatrists and nurses who are specifically trained to handle cases of patients with drug or alcohol addiction. Of course, enrolling a loved one to a drug rehab residential would require willingness and commitment on the part of the person, plus ongoing support, love and understanding of the family members. I suggest you consult a drug rehab specialist to discuss the best option to treat a loved one’s drug or alcohol problem. Detoxification plays a vital role in the entire journey of a drug rehabilitation process.
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab