ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Vegetables And Fruits
Total Articles: 29
Eating vegetables provides health benefits people who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body. Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. None have cholesterol. Vegetables are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
Diet rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Vegetable sources of potassium include sweet potatoes, white potatoes, white beans, tomato products, beet greens, soybeans, lima beans, spinach, lentils, and kidney beans.
Dietary fiber from vegetables, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease. Fiber is important for proper bowel function. It helps reduce constipation and diverticulitis. Fiber-containing foods such as vegetables help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories.
Folate helps the body form red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant should consume adequate folate from foods, and in addition 400 mcg of synthetic folic acid from fortified foods or supplements. This reduces the risk of neural tube defects, spina bifida, and anencephaly during fetal development.
Vitamin A keeps eyes and skin healthy and helps to protect against infections. Vitamin C helps heal cuts and wounds and keeps teeth and gums healthy. Vitamin C aids in iron absorption. Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke. Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers. For more information visit the site http://www.weightlossonlineinfo.com/
Fitness Articles1. Expert Tips For Locating Good Roofers For Roof Repairing Project
Author: Anu Walia
2. Kids And Self-defense Techniques
Author: James Bolte
3. Nausea Treatment In Maharashtra
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
4. What Are The Recommended Diet-options For A Healthy Heart?
5. Try Pilates! The Arthritis Pain Reliever!
Author: Shannon Rene
6. Yoga Teacher Training: The Spiritual Aspect Of Yoga
Author: AYM Yoga School
7. Pilates Teacher Training In Melbourne – How Do You Know You’re Ready?
Author: Christian Ruggeri
8. Are Pilates Classes Safe If You Are Pregnant?
Author: Christian Ruggeri
9. Get Relief From Sciatic Pain
10. Pump Up Your Muscle By Undertaking Pilates Exercises If You Want To Go Easy
Author: Holly Coane
11. Opt For Alternative Medicine From The Ancient Chinese To Avoid Pills
Author: Seth Aslatt
12. How To Not Miss Out On Your Fitness This Monsoon Season
Author: Bold Outline
13. Body Building Supplements
14. Bikram Yoga For Rapid Weight Loss
Author: Kara Thorsen
15. 3 Reasons Why You Might Be Having Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Raja Virk