ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Dos And Don’ts Of Car Modification
Total Articles: 1
The single biggest reason why people make modifications to their cars is that they want a unique identity. Giving yourself a unique identity has its own benefits – you are recognized, you are discussed and most important of all it gives you that extra bit of satisfaction to your soul and spirit. Satisfaction to your inner soul is immeasurable and cannot be related to money – in plain words it is for giving yourself a feeling of elation and for expressing your personality in its truest form.
Lot more people in affluent countries want to make modifications than in other places, and interestingly the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of the niche countries where you can get a modification done for your car. Affluence apart, Emiratis have a penchant for sleek cars like nowhere else around the world. The demand for car modifications in each of the emirates is high and is growing exponentially. As an Emirati, we believe, you are potentially a great candidate who wants a car modification.
Dos and Don’ts of Car Modification
Making a car modification is no joke. You can give a car a full makeover or choose to make just a few changes, the choice is really yours, but remember like any endeavor, you need to follow some simple rules. Here are some dos and don’ts for car modifications.
1. Don’t make any modification that you are unable to visualize – chances are you will regret and will not even want to drive it. Further don’t make any substantial changes that the transport department will not allow. If you live in the UAE ensure that the garage making the modification is aware of the kind of head lamps that will be permitted on the car. Every country restricts the kind of power that can be used. Head lamps that are too bright are not allowed.
2. Don’t drill holes in the main body of the car. Making too many holes in the body or altering the basic structure of the car is not only a safety hazard but also diminishes the resale value should you ever decide to sell it during its lifetime. Remember that you can make lots of changes without drilling holes. Modifications you can make include: a special coat of paint, changing the wheels, changing the contours by adding additional fixtures and even a couple more head lamps to give a sporty look.
3. Ask a consultant. As it often happens, ask the garage for a consultant. He can tell what is best for you. Many consultants can show you samples or photographs of past work. Some will even be able to give you digitally made visuals that are near perfect to your expectations. The advantage of a digital visual is that you can request changes piecemeal. Sit with the consultant and see the different kinds of changes that are practical to make. Overall keep a watch on your budget.
4. Keep the originals; you can never tell when you will want it. One of the major mistakes that many car enthusiasts do is modify the original or dispose it off permanently. Don’t ever do this. Keep the originals at all cost. The advantage is you can refit the accessory and sell you car if ever you want to. Don’t ever feel that the originals are a no-need component.
5. Go with the original flow of your car. There is almost no end to the kind of accessories you can add or the kind of changes you can make to the car, but as a generally rule keep the flow of your car. Going against this can result in hazards and you safety may be compromised. Remember that your car manufacturer had considered every possibility to make your car as attractive as possible and to this they have also included some rules of ergonomics. Work with your car, not against it.
6. Don’t overload your car or make it look ridiculous. It is not a good idea to include accessories that are not specially made for your car. There are dozens of top accessory manufacturers and you can check with them to see what will suit your car best. Overall strive to keep an overall balance. Unbalanced cars can pose safety problems.
There are however a lot of modifications that you can make without hesitation. You can for example go for endless numbers of decals, varieties of paints and colors, sunglasses, horns and some electrical.
Choosing the Right Garage for Car Modifications
Choosing a garage for car modification is a unenviable job. The really worthwhile garages for car modification are the ones that have all facilities with them. If your garage has the right facility of painting and the best equipment within in their workshop, you should prefer it.
Automobiles Articles1. Car Dealers Perfect Way To Get The Used Car
2. Benefits Of Hiring A Taxi And How You Can Make Full Use Of It
Author: Dave Woods
3. Importance Of The Development Of Rugged Dc Dc Converter
Author: Lilly Allen
4. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
5. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
6. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
7. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
9. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
10. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
11. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
12. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
13. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
14. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India