ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Undercoating Your Vehicle – Everything You Must Know!
Total Articles: 19
The undercarriage of a car comes in contact with water, soil, salts, chemicals and dirt and is therefore highly prone to rust and damage. In order to protect the car from irreversible damage and prolong its life, vehicle owners must invest in car undercoating.
What is car undercoating?
The galvanized steel and the aluminum present in the most vulnerable part of a car which is the undercarriage rust with time. The rust easily spreads upwards to ruin the aesthetic appeal of the car and to make it less efficient. In order to avoid such an unwarranted situation, dealers recommend customers to avail the car undercoating service that comes with an additional cost. Alternatively, car owners can also buy the undercoating products from reliable stores and take care of the application process individually.
Five Things to Remember about Undercoating a Car
- Undercoating a car when it is new is the best option as the underbody of the vehicle will never be cleaner at any later point in time.
- Dealerships offer undercoating but is widely considered as an expensive affair. The best alternative is to purchase the required products from a private source and take up the application process single-handedly.
- If the car owner has missed the undercoating process while purchasing the car, it is still recommended to consider undercoating the vehicle in order to avoid further damage.
- While undercoating a used car, ensure that the undercarriage is perfectly cleaned.
- It doesn’t matter in what climactic or geographical condition the car is used, undercoating the car is essential for great looks as well as optimized safety.
Types of Car Undercoating
The most common ways of undercoating a car undercarriage are,
- The electronic method (used in most dealerships and has garnered mixed reviews)
- Dripless oil sprays (high viscosity and hardens once sprayed onto the body of the car)
- Water-based sprays (dripping can last up to 48 hours and is the best option to reach out to every nook and corner of the underbody)
Additional Benefits of Car Undercoating
Apart from extending the life of the car and enhancing its looks, undercoating can offer the following benefits.
- An undercoated car may fetch a few extra bucks while reselling it.
- Undercoating the car means preparing it for the worst climactic conditions and for long drives too.
- Undercoating protects the engine and other sensitive internal parts of the car from unexpected failure.
The author has worked in the car undercoating industry for many years and understands the knacks of the procedure distinctly. He owns an exclusive blog through which he showcases multiple undercoating stories of his clients.
Automobiles Articles1. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
2. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
3. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
4. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
5. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name
7. Car Inspection Services Debunk Risks Of Buying Used Cars
8. There Is No Risk With Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars
9. Why A Test Drive Is A Good Idea While Deciding On Buying A Used Car?
Author: Ajinkya Satam
10. It’s All About Car Care Products
Author: neel patel
11. Vectra – The Top Manufacturers Of Excavator Attachment & Earth Movers Equipment In India & Europe
12. A Cookout For A Cause
13. Everything You Sort Of Wanted To Know About Car Batteries
Author: Jasonl Mosca
14. All You Need To Know About Trailers
Author: CS Trailers
15. The Roadworthy Certificate Is A Must For Every Vehicle To Ply On Road
Author: Luca Curtis