ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Repairing Car Damage After An Accident – Mistakes To Avoid
Total Articles: 2
Consider yourself lucky if you got out of an accident with only your car damaged. But after the initial sigh of relief from getting out of an accident unscathed comes the tedious process of getting insurance claims and finding reputable auto body shops in Coquitlam to repair your car.
Many people who get into accidents don’t have any idea about which auto body shops in Coquitlam to turn to for repair or what to consider when having their car fixed. To ensure that you are doing the right thing, here are a few mistakes you might want to avoid:
Mistake #1: Not having the repair costs estimated first before letting auto body shops in Coquitlam work on it.
The first thing you need to do after taking your car to the auto body shop is to get their estimate. If the insurance company sends someone to estimate the costs of repairing your car, get the details on the estimate. It is important that the person doing the estimates on your car is experienced. They should do a thorough job of inspecting your vehicle for the costs of repairing damages so you can get proper compensation from your insurance company.
Look for a body shop that has many years of experience in inspecting damaged vehicles such as Coquitlam Express Auto Body. With years of experience under their belt, you can be assured that their estimates are accurate and your car will be given a thorough check-up.
Good Idea: Allowing the insurance company to find auto body shops in Coquitlam.
If your vehicle is insured through ICBC, then they will have a list of reputable car repair shops that you can go to. These shops have proven themselves over the years to be reliable and to perform excellent work. There is also no need to have your vehicles damage to be assessed thru an ICBC location prior to taking it to one of their recommended shops. This saves you a great deal of time only having to make one stop.
Ask your insurance company first if you can choose the auto body shop to take your car and find out what records they will need to prove the validity of the assessment.
Mistake #2: Letting auto body repair shop use non-factory replacement parts.
Before letting the auto body shop do any work on your vehicle, ask what replacement parts will be used. This way, you can determine if the shop will use second hand or non-factory replacement parts. It would be better to look for auto body shops that use factory replacement parts to ensure that your car will be in its best shape after fixing, and also maintain the standing of your vehicles warranty.
Mistake #3: Not checking paint matching
If you have a vehicle with a unique paint color that can be hard to match, make sure you ask the auto body shop if they can find a way to get the exact same color. Inspect their handiwork after the work is done to ensure that your car still looks like its original form and color.
Finding a good, experienced and reliable auto body shop is important so your car can go back to its original glory.
John Kerry is the author of this Article: To know more about auto body shops Coquitlam please visit the website.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard