ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
What Do I Need To Know Before Visiting A Cosmetic Surgeon?
Total Articles: 23
The decision for surgery is an important one. You may want a surgery for aesthetic reasons or corrective reasons and it is completely your decision and nobody else’s. Each person has their own definition of beauty and perfection and can have insecurities about their looks or body. A permanent way to achieve your own standard of perfection can be cosmetic surgery.
Here are some things you should consider and be aware of before visiting a cosmetic surgeon:
• Why are you considering this surgery? Are you getting it to fix a feature of your body that you dislike, for instance your nose or to reverse the effects of aging? Are you getting a surgery to correct birth defects, injuries from accidents? Knowing your motivations behind getting a surgery and firmly believing in them is very important before deciding to go for a cosmetic surgery.
• Being healthy is the topmost requirement before going for surgery. You need to be of sound mental and physical health before going for a cosmetic surgery. Contrary to earlier beliefs, researchers have found that lifestyle and habits play a pivotal role in the prognosis of surgery. If you suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, depression or hormonal disorders you might be at greater risk of complications.
• It is imperative to find out about the surgeon before you visit him or her. A good place to start is your family doctor or general physician. If you trust your family doctor, you can ask for recommendations. Find out if the cosmetic surgeon is qualified and reputed in performing the surgery you want. Do not go by ads or by discount offers as they will only mislead you. Cosmetic surgeons in Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and other cities of India are quite reputed and should be considered.
• Have realistic expectations. Know that the surgery might not turn out exactly the way you want it to. It is possible that it turns out to be near perfect or with some minor differences. However, leave some possibility for a bigger than minor discrepancy as sometimes, there is chance of a surgery going wrong. It is best to know that the success rate of one being completely satisfied with one’s surgery is not 100%. In fact, it is often seen that surgeries are done to fix what a previous surgery messed up. It is also possible that the surgery may lead to some problems which can be handled but are unexpected. Do not get disheartened by this, but stay open to face these problems.
• The cost of surgery is of course a big deal when it comes to deciding whether or not you really need it. Do not fall prey to discounts and deals regarding these surgeries, as this bargain may prove costly in such a way that all your efforts go to waste and you are back to square one with your problem. Find out what’s included and isn’t and check with your insurance or mediclaim provider if it’s covered.
Surgery is no child’s play as the after effects can be painful and recovery slow. If you plan to go ahead with the cosmetic surgery you can opt for cosmetic surgeons in Chennai, Ahmadabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and other such metropolitan cities of the country for a wider perspective of options and treatments.
About the author:
Ananda Siva aspires to be a healthcare specialist, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands that certain medical cases may require the help of cosmetic surgery, and wishes to share his opinion on how you can select the right cosmetic surgeon in Chennai.
Beauty Articles1. How To Choose Henna Hair Dye From Nmp Henna Powder
2. Choosing The Right Hair Salon For A Stunning Makeover
Author: Chris Babb
3. How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars – Natural & Cosmetic Treatments
Author: Pankaj Singhal
4. 12 Tips For A Positive Electrolysis Experience
Author: Emily Limoges
5. Gets Rid Of Unwanted Tattoo With Laser Treatment
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. Tips For Removing You Hair Extension And Prevent The Damage
Author: Jeffrey Olive
7. Hydrating Face Mask –a Believe Of Shine
Author: Hagen Sanders
8. How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Post Pregnancy
Author: life scc
9. Help You Achieve The Perfect Look For Your Wedding
Author: Key West Wedding Hair and Makeup Artistry
10. Hydrate And Exfoliate Your Dull Looking Skin
11. Treat Your Hair Beautifully With Assurance And Care!
Author: Hazel Agnes
12. 7 Hottest Makeup Trends For Winter Brides By Amrit’s Hair N Beauty
Author: Anu sen
13. Undoubted Advantages Of Using A Face Mask
Author: Hagen Sanders
14. Why Indian Hair Extensions Are Perfect For Your Locks.
Author: Indian Hairvendor
15. The Art Of Shaving: Guidelines That Every Man Should Follow
Author: Michael Slade