ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
What Do I Need To Know Before Visiting A Cosmetic Surgeon?
Total Articles: 23
The decision for surgery is an important one. You may want a surgery for aesthetic reasons or corrective reasons and it is completely your decision and nobody else’s. Each person has their own definition of beauty and perfection and can have insecurities about their looks or body. A permanent way to achieve your own standard of perfection can be cosmetic surgery.
Here are some things you should consider and be aware of before visiting a cosmetic surgeon:
• Why are you considering this surgery? Are you getting it to fix a feature of your body that you dislike, for instance your nose or to reverse the effects of aging? Are you getting a surgery to correct birth defects, injuries from accidents? Knowing your motivations behind getting a surgery and firmly believing in them is very important before deciding to go for a cosmetic surgery.
• Being healthy is the topmost requirement before going for surgery. You need to be of sound mental and physical health before going for a cosmetic surgery. Contrary to earlier beliefs, researchers have found that lifestyle and habits play a pivotal role in the prognosis of surgery. If you suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, depression or hormonal disorders you might be at greater risk of complications.
• It is imperative to find out about the surgeon before you visit him or her. A good place to start is your family doctor or general physician. If you trust your family doctor, you can ask for recommendations. Find out if the cosmetic surgeon is qualified and reputed in performing the surgery you want. Do not go by ads or by discount offers as they will only mislead you. Cosmetic surgeons in Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and other cities of India are quite reputed and should be considered.
• Have realistic expectations. Know that the surgery might not turn out exactly the way you want it to. It is possible that it turns out to be near perfect or with some minor differences. However, leave some possibility for a bigger than minor discrepancy as sometimes, there is chance of a surgery going wrong. It is best to know that the success rate of one being completely satisfied with one’s surgery is not 100%. In fact, it is often seen that surgeries are done to fix what a previous surgery messed up. It is also possible that the surgery may lead to some problems which can be handled but are unexpected. Do not get disheartened by this, but stay open to face these problems.
• The cost of surgery is of course a big deal when it comes to deciding whether or not you really need it. Do not fall prey to discounts and deals regarding these surgeries, as this bargain may prove costly in such a way that all your efforts go to waste and you are back to square one with your problem. Find out what’s included and isn’t and check with your insurance or mediclaim provider if it’s covered.
Surgery is no child’s play as the after effects can be painful and recovery slow. If you plan to go ahead with the cosmetic surgery you can opt for cosmetic surgeons in Chennai, Ahmadabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and other such metropolitan cities of the country for a wider perspective of options and treatments.
About the author:
Ananda Siva aspires to be a healthcare specialist, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands that certain medical cases may require the help of cosmetic surgery, and wishes to share his opinion on how you can select the right cosmetic surgeon in Chennai.
Beauty Articles1. How To Implement Oil On Hair Wigs?
Author: Indian Hairvendor
2. Breast Implants With Lift Mumbai
Author: Dr. Milan Doshi
3. To Know More About Best Indian Spices For Your Food & Health!!
Author: Vishal Parihar
4. What Is Style? By Designtab An Interior Design Company From Kolkata.
Author: Design Tab
5. Dermatologists Offer Advice To Parents On How To Talk To Teens About Acne
Author: sumit gadre
6. Get Yourself Flourishing Bridal Look By Mohini Makeovers
Author: Mohini Singh
7. Organic Products Are More Effective And Beneficial For Use
Author: Ba Cisse
8. How To Make Your Eyelash Extensions Last
9. Is A Flat, Smooth Abdomen Just A Wishful Thinking?
Author: Allure Medspa
10. Acne Skin Care Method
Author: sumit gadre
11. Hair Transplant In Hyderabad
Author: Deepanjali Reddy
12. Grab The Amazing Jewelry In The Best Deal
13. Bbl Photo-facial - An Innovative Approach To Beautiful Skin
Author: julia ken
14. Know The Reasons Behind A Scaly And Itchy Scalp
Author: Scott Watkins
15. All You Need To Know About Areola Incision
Author: Dr. Milan Doshi