ALL >> Career >> View Article
One Fundamental Thing You Should Learn To Survive This Era
Total Articles: 14
I read this story once that said that in the 60’s when the Russians and Americans where competing to get the first man to the moon, the American astronauts discovered that their pens didn’t work in space. They couldn’t write because there was no gravity to pull the ink out onto the paper. So NASA spent thousands of US dollarsto invent an anti-gravity pen. Their Russian counterparts simply used a pencil...
How much truth there is to this story I have not determined, but it is useful in describing the fine difference between efficiency and effectiveness. Knowledge that is proving to be fundamental in surviving this day and age where living in.
Some clarification: Efficiency means making the most out of limited resources. Effectiveness relates to how close something came to its goal.
You can be efficient without being effective when you spend hours creating an extensive folder system in your Inbox instead of answering your e-mails or if you rearrange all your sales leads instead of calling them. You’re being very organised, but you have not moved yourself closer to your goal of answering your e-mails or making sales.
You can of course also be effective without being efficient. From our story above we can see that the Americans were effective - they did manage to invent a ‘space pen’ and write in space - but at what cost? The more efficient solution was the use of a pencil.
Efficiency and effectiveness is however not a case of the one vs the other. It is about finding balance and about being effective in the most efficient manner possible. In an era where both time and money is valued higher than ever before, it will be to our benefit to train ourselves to attain this goal.
The simplest way in which to do this is to set yourself a reminder to go off at set intervals during your workday. Perhaps initially every 2 hours, then every 4 hours (2 – 4 times per day) asking yourself: “Am I doing busyness or business?”
It won’t be long until the mindset has infiltrated the way you execute daily tasks, do long-term planning and even decide which social responsibilities you take on. All to the aim of maximizing the impact you have on the world and ensuring you spend your time on the things that are most valuable to you.
For more details visit : http://www.adminassist.co.za/
Career Articles1. Step By Step Process To Get Job In Overseas
Author: Sapna Gupta
2. How To Thoroughly Clean The Poultry Cages For Sale
Author: How to thoroughly clean the Poultry cages for sale
3. Why Online Marketing Tutor As A Career Is The Best Option In 2018
Author: Amit Singh
4. Top 5 Myths That Job Seekers Need To Break About Chemical Industry Job Consultants In India
Author: jennifer jam
5. How To Look For Best Forklift Jobs?
Author: 1800 Drivers
6. Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (mewps) Risk Assessment.
Author: Chris H
7. Best Job Consultancy In Hyderabad
8. Soft Skills Gap & The Stakeholders
Author: Sameer Shah
9. Php Interview Questions And Answers
Author: Sunil Kumar
10. Montessori Floor Bed
11. A List Of Work From Home Jobs That You Can Consider As A Freelancer
12. Data Science Online And Classroom Training With Placements Assistance
13. Devops Training | Online Devops Training | Devops Training And Placement.
14. Resume Building By Kairos Consultancy
Author: KAIROS CONSULTANCY
15. What Are The Characteristics Of The T41 4 Inches Cutting Disc Size?
Author: yang huimin