ALL >> Movie >> View Article
Shruti Hassan – The Sunshine Girl Of Tollywood
Total Articles: 18
Shruti Hassan is the multi-talented daughter of acclaimed stars Kamal Hassan and Sarika. Acting is in her genes and music sensibilities is what she has got as an inherent talent. As a child artist, she sang in films and appeared in a guest role in her father's Hey Ram (2000). She later went on to win critical acclaim for her role in the Walt Disney fantasy film in Telugu, Anaganaga O Dheerudu, Oh My Friend and 7aum Arivu.
She made her acting debut with a cameo role as the daughter of Vallabhbhai Patel, in the Tamil-Hindi bilingual film of her father. In 2008, she debuted in Hindi cinema with the film Luck, opposite Imran Khan. The film opened with poor reviews from critics and a poor box office opening. She then went on to feature in the promotional videos for Unnaipol Oruvanand and Eenadu, bilingual films starring her father, for which she had composed the music also.
As far as her acting career is concerned, Shruti Hassan juggled between South and Hindi cinema. She made her Telugu debut in January 2011, acting opposite Siddharth in the fantasy adventure film Anaganaga O Dheerudu. She was critically acclaimed for her performance in this film. However the film was a commercial failure at the box office. Her second Hindi film after luck was Madhur Bhandarkar's Dil Toh Bachha Hai Ji. The film was a commercial success but her performance was not noted. She then appeared in some successful Telugu films like 7aum Arivu opposite Suriya, Oh My Friend and Gabbar Singh, Balupu, Yevadu and Race Gurram. She appeared in three Hindi films, Gabbar opposite Akshay Kumar, Welcome Back and Yaara.
Shruti Hassan is also an acclaimed singer and a musician. She sang her first song when she was just six in her father's Thevar Magan. She also sang the bilingual versions of the title theme, Rama Rama with her father, in Hindi and in Tamil for the movie Hey Ram. She sang along with veteran singer K. J. Yesudas for the film En Mana Vaanil (2002) under Ilaiyaraaja's music. In Hindi, she sang the title track of her film Luck. For the film, Hisss, she collaborated with Whilst Kushner who composed the track, while she wrote the lyrics, sang and appeared in a promotional video for the film. She composed the music of the Tamil film Unnaipol Oruvan (2009). Apart from this, she is also the vocalist of an alternative rock band The Extramentals.
Movie Articles1. Andhadhun Movie Review: Report Card Of The Ayushmann-radhika Apte Starer Thriller
2. Amitabh Bachchan As Gosayi Venkanna In Sye Ra Narasimha Reddy
Author: barath royal
3. 16 Tips To Make Your Video Look Like Film
Author: Deepak Chhetri
4. Ant-man And The Wasp Movie Review: Is It The Paul Rudd Show All The Way?
Author: amar kayam
5. Choose The Commercial Production Company Who Have The Winning Elements
Author: Sinema Films
6. The 75th Golden Globe Award Winners 2018 List - Xtrascoop
Author: xtra scoop
7. Productions At Multai Studios
8. How To Download Music And Video From The Internet To Your Pc From Any Site In Any Browser
Author: Natalia Brown
9. Meilleur Site Streaming Allows You To Watch Movies Online With Ease
10. What Do I Need To Watch Free Online Movies?
Author: Movie Counter
11. 'the Mummy': Welcome To The "new" World Of Gods And Monsters
Author: Grace Anderson
12. Difference Between Colour Correction & Colour Grading
Author: Satyam Raj
13. Tips On Low-budget Filmmaking
Author: Satyam Raj
14. Advantage Of Watching Films
15. Steps Performed While Downloading Movies Files