ALL >> Travel >> View Article
5 Best Golf Courses In The World
Total Articles: 21
Golf is a sport for life; players come in all shapes, sizes, and age. If you are an avid golfer, I’m sure the thrill of playing on every golf course available on the planet is real. Here’s a list of some of the world’s best golf courses that golfers should play at least once in their lifetime:
• Augusta National:
The Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia is one of the most exclusive private courses in the world. Membership details are never revealed; only leaked by golf insiders and those in the know-how. Not only is Augusta the most beautiful golf course in the world, but it is also the most iconic as well. Ever heard about the Amen Corner? The 11th (especially the second shot), 12, and the tee shot on the 13th hole are called Amen Corner. The place is famed for its picture perfect landscape as it is for holes. The azaleas here are rumored to be frozen to prevent early blooming, and the bluish waters are known to be dyed blue.
• Royal Portrush:
The Royal Portrush Golf Club is ranked 27th among the list of the world’s best golf courses in 2016 by Golf Digest. And it is the only Irish golf course to host The Open. Although the Royal Portrush Golf Club’s history dates back to 1888, it was not until 1929 that it became famous. So how does it feel to play in a golf course designed by the famous Harry Colt? Dale Dunlop of The Maritime Explorer writes about his experience.
• The Royal County Down Golf Club:
It has been voted number 1 in the world by Golf Digest, this year. The Royal County Down Golf Club is located right at the feet of the scenic Mourne Mountains, yet offers a magnificent view of the Bay of Dundrum. A word of caution here - the course can be tough to navigate for an amateur. But the memories of playing here are sure to last a lifetime.
• Pine Valley Golf Club:
The Pine Valley Golf Club in Pine Valley, New Jersey has consistently featured among the top 10 on Golf Digest’s Top 100 Golf Course list. When it started in 1919, it was known to be the ultimate challenge for a golfer. In fact, there was a standing bet for a first timer to break 80. It remains a challenging course and has more classic holes than any other golf course in the world.
• St. Andrews (the old course)
The old course at St. Andrews in Fife, Scotland is another favorite among avid golfers. Although debates around the golf course’s superiority can be polarizing- some love it while some hate it with equal zest. People have been playing here since the 15th century. It is a favorite among golfers keen to challenge themselves- plenty of blind shots, a hundred odd bunkers and more.
Author Bio : The Author is an amateur golfer and a lover of golf vacations. His golf travels have taken him to some of the best clubs in the world, including The Royal Portrush Golf Club in Ireland. Visit http://themaritimeexplorer.ca/2015/09/07/royal-portrush-ireland-golf-trip-day-5/
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family