ALL >> Movie >> View Article
Five Fantastic Films Of Dibakar Banerjee!
Total Articles: 60
Dibakar Banaerjee is one of the finest film makers of Bollywood who took the Hindi Film industry by storm in 2006 with his debut movie, Khosla Ka Ghosla. He started his career in advertising as an ad-filmmaker. Slowly, he moved to film making and give us some brilliants movies over time. He is the only film maker who has received the National Award back to back for his first two films. His different and unique approach towards films make his work more compelling, relatable and fresh.
Here are five fantastic films of Dibakar Banerjee which sets him apart as a film maker in the Hindi Film industry.
1. Khosla ka Ghosla
Dibakar Banerjee made his debut in Bollywood with this clever and quiet comedy, Khosla Ka Ghosla in 2006. Starring Anupam Kher, Boman Irani, Vinay Pathak and Ranvir Shorey in the lead roles, Khosla Ka Ghosla is considered as a masterpiece. The film was both a critical and commercial success. It won the National Award for Best Film. This film brought Dibakar Banerjee in the list of those film makers who dare to be different. He was one amongst those directors who were bringing about a marked shift in Bollywood themes, which focuses on stories and characters from in and around metropolitan cities.
2. Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
Starring Abhay Deol, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! was the second film of Dibakar Banerjee and this time as well, he impressed us with his style of filmmaking. Set in his home town Delhi, this film was premièred at the International Film Festival of India at Goa and received much acclaim. Commercially the film went on to become a sleeper hit. It won the National Award for the Best Popular Film of the year.
3. Love Sex Aur Dhokha
Released in 2010, Love Sex Aur Dhokha was the third directorial project of Dibakar Banerjee. The film was the collection of some biting, gut-wrenching stories covering issues like Honour Killings, MMS Scandals and Sting Operations. The film received positive response from both the masses and critics. The film redefines the concept of “Realistic Cinema”
4. Bombay Talkies
Bombay Talkies was an anthology film consisting of four short films and Dibakar Banerjee directed one of those short films. Banerjee adapted Satyajit Ray's short story – Patol Babu, starring Nawazuddin Siddique for Bombay Talkies. The film didn't receive a positive response at the box office, but Dibakar was praised for his story in the film.
5. Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
Dibakar adapted Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay's Byomkesh Bakshi for his next project. Starring Sushant Singh Rajput, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy received much critical acclaim.
Movie Articles1. 2016, Decent Year Of Silver Screen
Author: Andy Rubin
2. A Sneak Peek Into 'shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana'
Author: Mohit Kapoor
3. How To Download Music And Video From The Internet To Your Pc From Any Site In Any Browser
Author: Natalia Brown
4. Meilleur Site Streaming Allows You To Watch Movies Online With Ease
5. What Do I Need To Watch Free Online Movies?
Author: Movie Counter
6. Atlanta Video Production – What To Expect From Professional Video Shooting Services?
Author: Atlanta Video Production, Professional video Shoot
7. Nei India Undying Endeavor To Turn Young Talents To Virtuosos!
Author: BOBBY BOSE
8. 'the Mummy': Welcome To The "new" World Of Gods And Monsters
Author: Grace Anderson
9. Difference Between Colour Correction & Colour Grading
Author: Satyam Raj
10. Tips On Low-budget Filmmaking
Author: Satyam Raj
11. Advantage Of Watching Films
12. Steps Performed While Downloading Movies Files
13. How You Can Get Latest Bollywood Movies?
14. Importance Of Music Videos
15. 8 Tips On Effective Dubbing
Author: Satyam Raj