ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
7 Little Known Facts To Check, Before Shifting To Goa
Total Articles: 9
A break in Goa can be much more than just a holiday on the beautiful beaches. The smallest Indian state is fast changing. Previously Goa was tagged as an apt place for party lovers and bachelors. But the scenario has changed and now Goa is one among the prominent places to reside in India. Yes, buying a 1 or 2 BHK flats in Goa is easy and even within a set budget. So, buying a second home in Goa is one of the best things to do. However, before that you should know the place more. Here is the list of 7 little known facts about Goa.
1) Though Goa is India’s smallest state but it has highest per capita income. Among 33 Indian states and union territories, the per capita income of Goa is estimated at Rs 224,138 on 2013-2014. So, now you get it why people are slowly migrating to Goa because it’s all about money.
2) For a small state, Goa has more than enough bars. There are approximately 7000 bars in Goa and almost all of them have a license to serve alcohol.
3) The export of mineral ore began on 16th century and now it is the highest in the country. Iron ore, manganese, bauxite, magnesia, limestone and clay are all in the list of mineral ore exports.
4) The art of printing also entered India through Goa. According to the evidence, it was in 1556, a ship from Portugal sailed to Goa carrying the country’s first printing press to help with missionary work.
5) Goa’s naval aviation museum holds one of the world’s three surviving Sealand amphibian aircraft and the only in India.
6) Goa’s official language is written in five different scripts. Konkani is read and written within the state, but Konkani is written in Devnagiri, Roman, Malayalam and Kannada script.
7) The first English medium school was established in Goa.
Goa is definitely a unique land bestowed with great history and tradition. As the state is witnessing an overall change and migrant populations are increasing, the top builders in Goa are coming up with modern homes with a generous touch of Goan tradition and culture. So, finding a good home in Goa within an affordable price is not a difficult task.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck