ALL >> Education >> View Article
Helpful Tips And Tricks To Get Started With Microsoft Project
Total Articles: 290
Sometimes, new users working on Microsoft® Project face difficulties as they are not acquainted with all features of it. Considering the same, given below are some tips and tricks that would be useful to them while working on all versions of Microsoft® Project.
1. The name of the column can be changed by double-clicking on the column header.
2. The text can be wrapped to display it on multiple lines by using the feature of wrap text.
3. The field in the column can be changed by double-clicking on the column header and choosing the new field from the Field Name list.
4. To hide a column on a table, the width of the column has to be made zero by dragging the right edge of the column header to the left.
5. To unhide a column, take the cursor to the right of the column separator bar, and click and drag to the right.
6. Press F3 to remove filter.
7. Use Insert key for introducing blank lines.
8. Use delete key for deleting task lines.
9. Date constraint can be removed from a task by selecting the task and task Information buttons. Then, go to the advance option, turn the Type Field to As Soon As Possible, followed by click on OK.
10. Choose Resource Levelling on Tools menu and select Manual to turn off Automatic Leveling.
11. Press F3 to view all tasks after filter applied. By doing so, there is no need to opt for All Tasks filter.
12. A host of useful features can be accessed by right clicking on the various tabs options such as Ribbon, the Timescale, etc, in the Gantt chart.
13. By printing from Gantt charts, click on print preview to understand how the printout will look like.
14. Place the chart at the start of the project, press Alt-Home on the Gantt chart.
15. To reposition multiple task boxes, go to the chart area, and then drag the cursor for selecting boxes and release the cursor. This is very helpful in network diagram or PERT Chart.
16. To display available toolbars, right click in the Toolbar section. To view the required toolbars, put a check on them. Similarly to hide unrequired toolbar, uncheck on it.
17. For performing "best fit" the column in the Gantt Chart, go to the right edge of a column header and double click on it.
Microsoft® Project course online
To understand more about the features and various tools that can be used in Microsoft® Project, one can opt for a Microsoft® Project training session as per his/her time availability. Microsoft® Project course online is recommended because for a newbie, learning all features can be an arduous task. More importantly for working professionals, a help in form of Microsoft® Project online training will allow the aspirants to learn as per their time convenience, while gainig hands-on experience.
Arvind Kumar is working as a content developer in Multisoft Systems since September 2017. He has three years of experience in the domain and has been written for versatile domains like education, health, travel, technical, and event management. For more info visit: http://www.multisoftvirtualacademy.com/cloud-computing/
Education Articles1. 5 Ways How Laboratorio Linguistico Software Are Encouraging New Idiom Learners
Author: Carol Fleming
2. 4 Verifiable Benefits Of Using Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
3. What Is Self-regulation And How Can It Help Kids?
Author: Sherry Shellenberger
5. Top Three Reasons For Studying Photogrammetry
6. Did You Read Ever About These Types Of Algorithm Of Machine Learning?
7. Colors Institute Of Interior Designing
8. Importance Of Pastoral Care In Schools
Author: Priya Varma
9. What Does The Transactional Analysis Training Teaches You?
10. Prepare The Online Dba Interview Questions For Securing Your Dream Job
11. How To Go About Speaking Chinese – Picking The Right Chinese Course In Shanghai
Author: Michel Kern
12. 5 Important Things To Keep In Mind For Online Examinations
13. Water Zone
14. Exam Jn0-420 – Juniper Network Certified Specialist Automation And Devops (jncis – Devops)
Author: John Miller
15. Selenium Training Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar