ALL >> Beauty >> View Article
Liposuction: Types, Risks And Benefits
Total Articles: 23
Liposuction surgery also called fat suction surgery, uses a surgical procedure called suction to remove excess fats from your body. The surgeon makes tiny cuts on your skin through which thin, small and blunt tipped tubes are inserted. These tubes are then used to suck out the fat. The surgeon also moves these tubes under the cut skin in order to target specific deposits of fat. Extensive research and improved techniques over the years have made liposuction easier, safer and less painful.
Types of Liposuction:
1. Tumescent liposuction:
The areas of your body which needs to be treated are numbed by local anesthesia after which a large amount of anesthetic solution including lidocaine and epinephrine are injected into the fatty tissues. This type of liposuction doesn’t need general anesthesia.
2. Ultrasound assisted liposuction:
This technique is particularly useful for removing fat from the sides, back and the upper abdomen because it liquefies the fat through ultrasound, which makes it much easier for the surgeon to remove.
3. Laser assisted liposuction:
In laser assisted liposuction the surgeon removes the fat through a small cannula after liquefying it with low energy waves.
Risks of Liposuction:
Liposuction surgery is usually safe if performed by an expert and in a properly equipped facility. However, some of the side effects of liposuction include:
1. Temporary numbness, soreness, bruising and swelling in the treated areas
2. Minor scarring or irritation around the incisions and where the tubes were inserted
3. Rippling or baggy skin that usually retracts or tightens in approximately a month
4. Permanent changing of color in the skin
5. Skin surface over the treated area may be uneven
6. Damage to the skin or nerves. This, however, only takes place in ultrasound assisted liposuction.
Benefits of Liposuction:
The following medical conditions are benefitted from Liposuction:
1. Lipomas: benign fatty tumors
2. Gynecomastia: development of fatty breast tissues in men
3. Lipodystrophy syndrome: side effect of HIV medication where excess fat is present in some body parts and total absence of fat from other parts.
Other common benefits are:
1. Safe removal of fat
2. Improvement in the structure of cellulite or reduction of cellulite
3. Improved health that is usually associated with fat loss
4. Changes the way others perceive you and the way you look
5. Boosts your self esteem
6. Sculpting and affecting those areas which are not impacted by diet or exercise.
These are the various types, risks and benefits of liposuction surgery which can be helpful to you. Apart, there are many clinics that perform liposuction surgery in Chennai that will not only get the surgery done for you but will also provide you with enormous information about the same.
Ananda Siva is a healthcare enthusiast, and studies in a medical college in Chennai. He understands the potential health problems that obesity can cause. Through this article, he wishes to offer you information about the different types of liposuction surgery available, as well as the different types of clinics where you can undergo a lipsuction surgery in Chennai.
Beauty Articles1. How To Choose Henna Hair Dye From Nmp Henna Powder
2. Choosing The Right Hair Salon For A Stunning Makeover
Author: Chris Babb
3. How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars – Natural & Cosmetic Treatments
Author: Pankaj Singhal
4. 12 Tips For A Positive Electrolysis Experience
Author: Emily Limoges
5. Gets Rid Of Unwanted Tattoo With Laser Treatment
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. Tips For Removing You Hair Extension And Prevent The Damage
Author: Jeffrey Olive
7. Hydrating Face Mask –a Believe Of Shine
Author: Hagen Sanders
8. How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Post Pregnancy
Author: life scc
9. Help You Achieve The Perfect Look For Your Wedding
Author: Key West Wedding Hair and Makeup Artistry
10. Hydrate And Exfoliate Your Dull Looking Skin
11. Treat Your Hair Beautifully With Assurance And Care!
Author: Hazel Agnes
12. 7 Hottest Makeup Trends For Winter Brides By Amrit’s Hair N Beauty
Author: Anu sen
13. Undoubted Advantages Of Using A Face Mask
Author: Hagen Sanders
14. Why Indian Hair Extensions Are Perfect For Your Locks.
Author: Indian Hairvendor
15. The Art Of Shaving: Guidelines That Every Man Should Follow
Author: Michael Slade