ALL >> Family >> View Article
Fun Things To Do With Kids While Babysitting
Total Articles: 48
It is quite a task to come up with a never ending list of things to keeping the kids entertained while babysitting. Games can be educative and fun together, though it does require some planning. Keeping them entertained can make a lot of difference between happy kids who enjoy their time with you versus those kids that get totally out of control.
Here are tips on some top activities that can keep kids entertained for a few hours.
Have a little tea party.Try out recipes that are no-bake like instant pudding. Children can help mix the ingredients, stir and add toppings, or help chop fruit and decorate. Let them help by stirring their own drinks or making their own sandwiches. Or even an indoor ‘picnic’ on a blanket in the middle of the floor in the house.
Pop some corn watch a movie together. Give out make believe tickets and collect them at the door and let the movie begin... Or even put up a play. Impromptu script can be made up as one goes along.
All kids love arts and crafts. It is a sure shot way to keep them occupied and entertained for hours. Make sure that you cover the floor and table with paper. For younger children finger painting is a big hit. Children love to be creative and you will be surprised as to what can be created. Older children can make cards, bookmarks and bead a necklace or bracelet. A face painting kit will have the kids laughing at each other. Show them how to make a “I’m thankful for" jar with slips of paper writing things they're thankful for.
Do a puzzle together. This keep kids busy for a while and their energy at a controllable level — which makes it a great activity especially before bedtime. Board game, like snakes and ladders, some easy games with counting also provides edutainment.
Read stories as often as possible. Find a good book or ask the kids what they want you to read to them. Encourage the child to ask about any words that cannot be understood. It helps build up their vocabulary skills. If you enjoy story-telling, use different voices and add drama to the literature. The kids can even add their own voices or characters to new stories and read or present it to you.
Write a story too. This is a great way of improving grammar, spelling and writing skills besides fostering an active imagination.
Walk into their fantasy land, of good guys and bad guys, dressing up and other make-believe play. It enhances an important aspect of childhood and a great way for you and kid(s) to have a lot of laughs together. Just pretend that you are on an adventure!
Make a tent or camp indoors. Use chairs and blankets. Fill up with pillows and blankets and let the children have a great time inside their little tents.
Play fun games, indoors and outdoors. They do not require any preparation. Like an indoor basketball game that need just a bucket and a rolled up sock. Or musical cushions -- like musical chairs, but using cushions spread out on the living room floor. Board games are another favourite with a lot of kids.
Plan activities that will entertain and educate the children. Submit an activity list to the parents to choose from. Check with the parents if they approve of the activities you have planned and ask them to assist with the supplies needed. It makes your job easier and active children are always happier and better behaved.
Family Articles1. Professional Dog Groomers Are Going To Arrive With The Mobile Grooming Parlour!
Author: Michelle Smith
2. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Offers Best Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
3. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
4. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
5. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
6. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
7. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
8. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
9. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
10. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
11. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
12. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
13. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
14. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
15. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias