ALL >> General >> View Article
Prds - Steam Conditioning Services
Total Articles: 68
PRDS stands for Pressure Reducing and Desuperheating System, which is useful for lowering down the pressure and the temperature of the steam. In modern era generally all boilers generate steam at a high pressure reason being that the high pressure steam having a lesser volume but all the key process industries use low pressure saturated steam because of highest heat transfer efficiency and economically viable.
PRDS is used for reducing the pressure and temperature of the steam. Through the mechanism of spraying water into the steam which gradually reduces the temperature and pressure of the steam hence becomes saturated and useful for the process industries. In saturated steam the water changes from a liquid stage to a vapour stage and the energy is stored in the form of “latent heat ".
Working of PRDS
Pressure Reducing and Desuperheating System is developed to reduce the temperature of the steam. It is designed with a simple mechanism of spraying water into the saturated heat to lower its temperature. The combined PRDS is integrated mutually to save the cost of piping and space for its efficient working making it a requirement in the industry.
The control system is categorized into a temperature loop and pressure loop. Temperature loop consists of transmitters, controller, temperature gauges, sensors etc. along with a few more assembly parts depending upon the control system and end use. Pressure loop on the other hand consists of pressure transmitter and sensor, controller, pressure gauges, etc.
PRDS is further divided categorically into two. The split PRDS separates the Pressure Reducing Valve and Desuperheater and in the combined form the two are made into a single unit. The combined form is preferred as it saves time and cost. The third category is the DUMP PRDS which finally reduces the temperature and allows the steam to expand and condense into the condenser. On the other hand, for the temperature reduction the required quantity for spray water is controlled by a different spray water valves.
The applications or uses of the PRDS stations which are often used are for process heating and cooling in textile, food, paper, sugar plants etc. It also has specific uses in the turbine bypass and for ejector, deaerator for boilers. The above listed are only some of the uses, whereas further uses are endless depending upon the exact use and need.
The author has a background in Mechanical Engineering, as well as works as a writer and editor. He frequently writes about new technology, prds, air monitors, desuperheaters etc.
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln