ALL >> Service >> View Article
Leach Wallace Associates Inc Consulting Engineers On Armed Forces Retirement Home, Scott Building
Total Articles: 5
The project constructs a new 4-story, 175,000 square foot building, which accommodates 60 residents, on the Armed Forces Retirement Home, Scott Building site in Washington, D.C. The scope of this project included the demolition of the existing retirement home and the construction of the new Scott Building. The new building includes 36 long term care rooms, 24 memory support rooms, a commercial kitchen, dining room, health and wellness center, multipurpose room and other residential services and administrative functions. The project was a design-build effort with Cooper Carry Architects and Hensel Phelps to modernize the facility.
Leach Wallace designed all new major mechanical and electrical systems for the facility. These systems include heating hot water boilers, chilled water plant, air handling units, domestic hot water plant, emergency generator plant, and normal and emergency power distribution equipment.
The upper two floors are for assisted living and consist of living space for the occupants. The bottom two floors have support space for the occupants such as kitchen and dining, multi-purpose rooms, medical clinic, and swimming pool.
The project was designed and has earned LEED Gold certification. Currently the job is seeking LEED Platinum. This project received the 2013 DBIA (Design Build Institute of America) Mid-Atlantic Region Awards, Healthcare category, Honorable Mention award, the 2013 Associated Builders and Contractors, Award of Excellence, as well as the Best Institutional Facility as presented at the 2013 Awards of Excellence Gala by NAIOP Maryland/DC Chapter.
Leach Wallace is experienced in facility master planning, utility infrastructure and the design and evaluation of central heating and cooling plants for such project types as higher educational, healthcare, academic medical, corporate office buildings, industrial facilities commissioning and data centers.
Service Articles1. How To Create An E-commerce Website That Attracts The Customers
Author: WebClues Global
2. Supply Chain Management
Author: Brilliant Infosys
3. Stop Regretting And Seek The Help Of Ex Back Specialist Pandit Bhairav Ji
Author: Pandit Bhairav
4. Wonder How These Pieces Become So Crunchy- Come & See Fried Chicken London
Author: Joseph Smith
5. Commercial Cleaning Companies Offer Complete Cleaning Services!
Author: Trevor Benes
6. Cad And Cam Services Saves Time And Effort For You!
Author: Leyna Lien
7. Wireless Modem For Comcast Eliminates The Use Of Wires!
Author: Kelvin Pitter
8. What To Do If My Hp Printer Is In An Error State?
Author: hp printer support assistant
9. Energy Conservation In Hyderabad
10. Seo Expert In Singapore Can Make A Big Difference For The Overall Performance Of Your Website!
Author: john Raymond
11. Who Are The Best Builders In Building Luxury Apartments In Bangalore
Author: Chartered Housing
12. 3 Types Of Mobile Applications
Author: Alex Joseph
13. Accounting Vouchers - Voucher Entry Configuration
Author: Manal Technology
14. The Professional Machine For Our Personal Farm
Author: Kumar Ram
15. 3 Trends That Are Going To Transform Erp Development
Author: Alex Forsyth