ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Cheap Travel Essentials
Total Articles: 213
Given that no matter how carefully you plan your trip in advance by checking out cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, and cheap vacation packages, unfortunate travel surprises sometimes occur, there are several easy cheap steps that you can take to be ready for such surprises.
The following are travel essentials that cost under $10 that can help you beat airline fees, pack better, and look your best on the road, according to Caroline Costello:
• A small $10 luggage scale can help you avoid paying hundreds of dollars in overweight baggage fees. American charges $100 per checked bag that weighs over 50 pounds on domestic flights. Room permitting, pack a portable scale and bring it on your trip to ensure that you bag is not overweight before your return flight.
Historically airport luggage scales have been shown to be faulty. By having a scale on hand, you could have leverage and avoid a hefty fee if the airport scale is wrong.
• Downy wrinkle releaser is particularly useful when you are packing cotton, silk, linen, or other wrinkle prone fabrics.
• Dry shampoo can come in handy on long flights where there is no way to wash and dry your hair. This product absorbs excess oil between washings and is great for long flights, camping trips, or vacations that afford little time for hair care.
• Place a colorful or unique baggage strap which makes it less likely that another traveler will mistakenly grab your bag as it comes off the baggage carousel.
• Vapur anti-bottles are squishy; come with BPA free plastic walls that can easily be flattened and placed in your pocket or bag, taking up almost no space. It will save you money by making it possible to not purchase pricey bottled water at expensive airport shops.
• Sunblock sticks are a must if you want to carry sunscreen in your carry-on. An additional bonus of this product is that it will not leak all over your clothes when packed.
• Duct tape can cover all types of unexpected problems, including repairing luggage, covering foot blisters, hiding valuables by taping them under your bed, covering tent or sleeping bag holes, adjusting skirt hems, and removing lint from clothes to name just a few problems. Colored duct tape can also be used as a makeshift luggage strap.
• Luggage ties are a better and cheaper option that luggage locks. Locks and zipper pulls often get broken off as they go through the conveyor belts at airport security gates. Plastic zip ties significantly discourage tampering and unlike locks, are cheap to replace.
• Tide stain sticks can clean a splotch on your shirt and are a lot cheaper than expensive hotel laundry service. It tends to work quite well, particularly if you attack the stain as soon as possible.
• Hand sanitizers are great for fending off viruses and germs. While hand washing is more effective, sanitizer is an excellent alternative where a sink and soap is not available.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.