ALL >> Service >> View Article
Leach Wallace Associates Inc Consulting Engineers On New Patient Tower, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Total Articles: 5
It is the third phase of a three-phase project that includes a new medical office building and garage (phase 1), and a new Cancer Center (phase 2). This phase included the creation of a new front entrance and completed the major addition to what is now known as the “New Sibley”.
The new patient tower includes a new emergency department, new inpatient pharmacy and connecting bridge to the existing tower building. The inpatient tower provides 263 new all private rooms including shell space for a 20 bed expansion. The initial fit out consisted of a 20 bed LDR unit, sized for 4,000 annual births, with three new “c-section” rooms, a 20 bay special care nursery and a 50 bed post-partum support component.
A new 25 bed telemetry/IMC unit is located adjacent to a new 25 bed orthopedic unit. The remaining beds are for medical/surgical patients. A new and expanded emergency department, sized for 45-50,000 visits, provides new treatment bays including a new fast-track area and new waiting areas. A new single story entry pavilion acts as the new main entry and lobby space for the project. Minor renovation work was performed in the existing hospital to allow for the connection at several of the lower floors.
The project includes a chilled water plant that is expandable for future use as the sole chilled water plant; heating hot water boilers; domestic water plant; medical gas systems; custom air handling units; emergency generator plant; and normal and emergency power distribution that serves the new addition. In addition, this project provides the generator plant for the campus, which will be housed on the roof. The project included an expanded emergency department in addition to the inpatient beds.
Leach Wallace is utilizing Revit as our BIM software for this project. This project has been designed as a LEED® certified facility. Design is complete and bidding is due to begin in early 2013. Construction is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2015.
Service Articles1. Helpful Tips For Moving Heavy Furniture
Author: Rose Walker
2. Plumber Baulkham Hills Mending The Hot Water Systems
Author: Kate McCullough
3. Types Of Leased Line
Author: Ketan Shah
4. How To Identify Fraudulent Moving Company Amongst Rest
Author: anjali behera
5. Pr Process To Australia
Author: Ranjani Venkatraman
6. How Digital Marketing Services Helps Grow Business Online – Digimakserv
7. Best Advices For Long Distance Move
8. Choose A Best Veterinarian Services In Baytown
Author: Jack Jose
9. How To Use Plastic Wrap For Effective Moving
Author: Stella Williams
10. The Importance Of Mattress Cleaning
Author: Dan Doychev
11. How To Get The Best Moving Quotes For Shifting Your Belongings
Author: anjali behera
12. Security Guard Services In Hyderabad
13. Linkedin Is A Social Networking Giant With Opportunities Unlimited
Author: Sagar Rana
14. What Is Property Maintenance And Why You Need To Do It?
15. 10 Things To Know About Most-expensive Iphone Ever, Iphone X
Author: vivek kumar