ALL >> Education >> View Article
A Box Office Hit
Total Articles: 3
Why would you do something you don’t like, and then look back on your last day of life regretting what you have done? What’s the point of looking back and saying, ‘I didn’t live a full life’? Is that how you would want it to be?
Let’s fast forward to the last day of your life. You are 101 years old (or longer), and you have one last day to watch a movie, which will be a reflection of your life journey. What will this life journey of yours look like? Will it be dull, boring, complacent, living within assumed safety nets that never existed, or will it be filled with excitement, joy, laughter and plenty of learned lessons from giving life a good go?
Will your movie be filled with numerous ‘What ifs?’ Will it be filled with regret? Sadness for things you never tried? Grief for things you didn’t say and do? Will it be filled with sorrow because now that you’re reflecting at 101 years old, all the big things you thought mattered really didn’t? People never cared about you when you thought they did (they were too worried about themselves and what you thought of them). You could have done more but didn’t. You could have lived more but didn’t. You could have loved more but didn’t. You could have lived in the moment and enjoyed but you didn’t.
Will you reflect on the times that you didn’t have the skills to do something but plunged into it anyway because you were determined enough to learn as you go? Will you reflect on the time that you were brave enough to fail? Will you reflect on the love you had in life for the people around you, for nature, and for the appreciation you gave every moment?
You own the first day of your life, you own the last, and you own everything in between.
Look at different parts of your life and ask yourself what would make for an exciting story to reflect on? That’s what a winner would do.
You have the first and last say in it. This is your life. This is your privilege, your birthright. Make it happen, make it count. Stand for something. Strive for something. Create an amazing story that will be your life, one that you will enjoy when you reflect back on your last day on this planet.
On the last day, all you can do is reflect. Today, however, you have the ability to create that reflection.
You have come to the end of this book but your winning journey continues beyond these pages. What you do with your life is your choice.
All I can say is make it a Box Office Hit.
Kevin Abdulrahman is a renowned public speaking coach & Motivational Speaker India who has worked with entrepreneurs, thought leaders, public figures, CEOs, Presidents and Royalty. His thoughts in this column are his own and are not necessarily reflected by Esquire Middle East. His book “60 Minutes To Better Public Speaking” is available on Amazon in 30+ languages and he is available for Presentation Skills Training.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.