ALL >> Family >> View Article
10 Quick Tips On Being A Reliable Babysitter
Total Articles: 48
Before deciding on a babysitting as a job, ask yourself if you enjoy spending time with kids, do you have an awareness of young children's needs or do you want to babysit occasionally or find a regular babysitting position?
With a bit of planning and coordination, babysitting can be fun and lucrative.Start from home – look after your siblings, pets, be a mother’s helper, begin babysitting from home. This way, your parents can watch how you care for the child, help you if you need it, and let you know when you're ready to do it on your own.
1. Get educated: The first important step is to be educated thoroughly on childcare. Enroll for a babysitting class where they teach you everything from first aid to diaper changing and handling bad behaviour.
2. Get organised and set up a schedule: Take a calendar and mark your free days and times, so you know when exactly you are available.
3. Select a rate: Plan on the options- either flat rate hourly wages or per child wage, per hour. Get a feel of the competition, see what is suitable and quote accordingly.
4. Set up a get-to-know-parents meeting: Get all the information about the parents, their names and contact numbers, emergency addresses and contact. Fill out a health form about the kids. Chart out the child/children’s schedule – meal times, homework and bedtime. Take a tour of the house to know where the different safety equipment, first aid kit and fire extinguisher are kept.
5. Spend time knowing the kids. Talk to them, ask questions – the kid should warm up to you. Try developing a rapport and think up some strategies to make your time smooth.
6. Create an activity bag or box that you bring along to every job: A major part of babysitting involves playing with kids and keeping them entertained. Parents love babysitters who help kids have fun, at the same time reinforcing rules and keeping discipline.
7. Keep the kids entertained and engaged in fun projects: Tell stories. Kids love stories. Make fun snacks or simple dinners together. Before that check for any food allergies or any food limits the children may have.
You can also plan on a few games that are easy and ready to play. Craft activities are a good way to keep the kids busy and happy. Take them to the playground if the parents are ok with it.
8. Follow a schedule: It is best to stick to the rules and routine of the house.
9. Keep safe: The best way to keep the children safe is to keep an eye on them at all times while they are awake. After you put them to bed, check on them every 15 to 30 minutes to ensure everything is okay and that they are sleeping.
10. Tidy up the place before you leave: You are not a housekeeper, but make sure to tidy up any messes before leaving. The parents will appreciate returning home to a clean house.
Here are also a few things that can be avoided while on the job.
Make sure you never leave the kids alone in the house. You should not have people - friends or family - coming over to spend time hanging out while you should be working. Your electronics should be used only in case of emergency.
At the end of your day, give the parents an honest report on the time you spent taking care of their kids. Be honest and don’t be a whiner.
Being a babysitter is not a job to be taken lightly. After all parents are leaving in charge of their children which is a huge responsibility. Babysitting is a business, enjoy it and make it fun for the kids too if you want make it successful.
Family Articles1. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
2. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
3. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
4. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
5. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
6. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias
7. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Look After Your Elders At Home
8. Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Author: Sudhir Singh
9. Building A Circle Of Friends In Your Senior Years
Author: Sudhir Singh
10. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Is The Best Option For Elderly Care At Home
11. Full Time Employee, Entrepreneurand Father – The Highs And Lows
12. Know The Importance Of Maternity And Newborn Baby Photography
Author: Jennifer Gordon
13. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders At Home
14. How To Make The Most Of Your Used Car & Why Should You Upsell?
Author: Kaitlin Miller
15. Tips To Select The Best Car Seat For Infants And Newborns