ALL >> Health >> View Article
Effectiveness Of Stem Cell Therapy For Children With Cerebral Palsy
Total Articles: 59
The movement disorders related to Cerebral Palsy (CP) start to appear during the early childhood. The children affected with CP experience problems with vision, sensation, swallowing, hearing and speaking. There are also other signs like stiff and weak muscles, tremors and poor coordination. Children with CP do not achieve their development milestones like other children do. Causes of CP include inflammation & infections, ischemia (inadequate supply of oxygen to organs), post birth hypoxia, pre-term delivery and restriction towards growth before birth.
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Palsy treatment is done through medications, supportive and rehabilitative therapies like speech and occupational therapy, surgery and through other ways, but these measures fail to address the root cause of the disease. Stem cells, with their unique self-renewal and differentiation capabilities, are the new hope for millions of patients who suffer from neurological diseases like Cerebral Palsy and Autism. Stem cells can divide and differentiate to form the neural and the glial cells, and hence when transplanted into the patient’s body, help to repair and normalize motor and brain functions in them.
Effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy for CP
Stem cells are found in all humans. These cells can differentiate to form specialized cells like neural cells and blood vessels. Stem cell transplantation is quite effective in treating CP as stem cells remove and improve the root cause of the abnormality.
Here are some ways through which stem cells provide for cerebral palsy treatment:
● Stem cells, once transplanted, migrate to the damaged parts of the brain and initiate the repair and regeneration process.
● Stem cells secrete certain trophic and growth factors that limit the damage to the brain cells.
● The neural stem cells can divide to form all kinds of brain cells. These include the astrocytes (a supportive kind of cell), neurons (the main nervous system cells responsible for transmitting nerve impulses) and the oligodendrocytes (cells that form the protective myelin sheath over the nerve fibers and provide for better impulse conductivity). Hence, transplantation of the neural stem cells can improve the functioning of the brain of CP patients in multiple ways.
● Stem cells provide for both endogenous (inside the body) and exogenous repair. Stem cells can be manipulated in the lab and cultivated to possess the desired features. Once transplanted inside the body, they improve the neural and brain health in multiple ways.
● Stem cells possess immune modulation capability, anti-inflammatory action and activity and can also stimulate regeneration in the damaged neural tissues.
● Stem cells can be transplanted multiple times in the patient during the course of the day. All dosage can have a high number of cell counts.
● Stem cells, including the mesenchymal stem cells, can be obtained from a range of sources, including bone marrow.
● Stem cells, once transplanted inside the human body, form and establish new neuronal maps. Establishment and formation of these maps are critical in providing CP-affected child’s ability to learn new motor and other functions.
● Stem cell transplantation establishes new blood vessels inside the body. The new blood vessels carry more oxygen to different parts of the body, including the brain.
Hence, administration and transplantation of stem cells into the body of CP-affected children can improve their life in multiple ways. Through multiple mechanisms, stem cells regenerate and repair the damaged neural tissues, restore the abnormal and disease-affected brain areas and provided for marked clinical improvements. Stem cell treatment for muscular dystrophy and for other neurological and muscular disorders (including CP) is provided at leading healthcare institutions like NGBSI or NeuroGen Brain and Spine Research Institute. Patients from across the world are getting benefitted through the therapy, and are now enjoying greater independence and much improved quality of life post stem cell therapy.
The author is an expert in the field of stem cell research & therapy. The writer has a flair for writing and she keeps on writing various articles and blogs related to the industry. She wrote this article to educate her readers about the various intricacies involved in stem cell treatment for autism. If you want to know more about stem cell treatment for spinal cord injury, feel free to click on active links.
Health Articles1. Make An Appointment For Top Spine Surgeon In Delhi
2. Get Painless Knee Replacement Surgery With Dr. Himanshu Tyagi
3. Sore Male Organ Prevention Tips To Keep You In The Game
Author: John Dugan
4. How To Report Anesthesia Time To Ensure Accurate Anesthesia Pay
Author: Elizabeth Debeasi
5. Orthodontics In Wayne For You
Author: Juan Smith
6. Water Kefir – An Ultimate Panacea For Stomach & Intestines Ailments
Author: Nourishme Organics
7. Does Bariatric Surgery For Obesity Reduce The Risk Of Melanoma?
8. Avoid These Common Mistakes And Enjoy Beautiful And Distinctive Smile!
Author: Frank Meshkani
9. Details On Invisalign In Citrus Heights
Author: Dr. Poidmore
10. What Is The Important Role Of Resilience In Life!
Author: Melissa Harries
11. Maintain Your Microbiome At Its Healthiest Level Following Gut Health Diet
Author: Kriben Govender
12. Preventive Tips About Dental Extraction – Stay Smiling
Author: Ryan Daniel
13. How To Choose An Online Pet Care Provider For Your Beloved Pet?
Author: Jack Jose
14. How To Find A Good Vet And Clinic For Your Animal Companions In Murphy
Author: Allan Austin
15. Dr. Stuart Krost | Leads Pack In Pain Management Care St. Lucie County/port Saint Lucie Florida Numb