ALL >> General >> View Article
Red, White & Green: Watermelon Salad
Total Articles: 87
Nothing says summer quite like watermelon. With 4th of July weekend quickly approaching, we wanted to elevate this seasonal favorite to an adult friendly salad that's a perfect addition to any party and a great alternative to the slew of unhealthy outdoor eats we've come to expect of the holiday.
This "recipe" is so easy it's barely a recipe. Just combine delicious ingredients for a refreshing and satisfying snack or appetizer. There aren't any measurements because you can portion it for as many people as needed or enjoy solo.
Best of all: watermelon is full of health and skin benefits.
Watermelon boasts heart health benefits and anti-inflammatory properties and contains fiber which aids digestion. Because they're about 92% water, watermelons are a great food to help you stay hydrated (especially in the summer heat), plus their juice is full of good electrolytes. Vitamin A is stellar for your skin, and just a cup of watermelon contains nearly one-quarter of your daily recommended intake of it. Vitamin A helps keep skin and hair moisturized, and it also encourages healthy growth of new collagen and elastin cells.
Delicious and nutritious? Cue the fireworks!
Feta Cheese (can be skipped or subbed for veg version)
Salt (preferably Pink Himalayan Sea Salt – it's the healthiest)
Honey (raw, local and organic if possible)
Optional: Bay Leaf and/or Rosemary Twig
1. Chop or slice the watermelon according to your preference (we did cubes), then lay it out on your serving platter or individual plates.
2. To make the balsamic reduction (for drizzling) combine balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over high heat (ratio should be 1 to ¼ vinegar to honey). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar mixture has reduced, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you do the rest.
Pro Tip: Add bay leaf and/or rosemary while boiling for an additional layer of flavor.
3. THINLY slice the onion. We mean as thin as possible…if you can see through it – you did good. We find it helps if nobody is watching while you do this part.
4. Crumble up your feta.
5. Chiffonade the mint leaves. Lay(wo)men's terms: layer several leaves on top of each other and roll them up, then cut thinly across so you have ribbons. Still unclear? Let Martha show you the way.
6. Drizzle olive oil over the watermelon and sprinkle with salt and pepper (to your liking).
7. Top with crumbled feta, onion slices and mint and then drizzle the whole situation with the balsamic reduction.
This article originally appeared on Sonage Skincare Blog.
General Articles1. A Guide To Web Hosting For The Beginner
Author: sumit gadre
2. Caliber Lims
Author: caliber universal
3. The Great Yellow Pages Classified Portal Script
4. The City Of Dar El Salam
Author: Medhat Elsergany
5. Java Training Institute Teaches You The Concept Of Ejb
6. Voip Softswitch Providers Give Best Technical Services
Author: sachin kumar
7. Why House Cleaning Is Vital To Your Health And Lifestyle
Author: Cassie Smitty
8. Make Your Home Décor Simple And Unique With Blanket Boxes
Author: Wooden Street
9. 12 Products That Get Rid Of Greasy Hair Fast
10. Explosive Detector Market Segmentation
Author: Shivani Singh
11. The Important Role Of Alarm Systems In The Industrial Sector
Author: Anu Walia
12. Votre Robe Calvin Klein était Hors De Ce Monde Sherobe
13. Mistakes When Opting For Family Chiropractic Clinics
Author: Nat Houston
14. How To Keep Outdoor Umbrellas From Falling
15. You Need Your Own Domain Name...
Author: sumith gadre