ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
An Overview Of Scriptless Test Automation.
Total Articles: 34
With time, the complexity and maturity of applications have increased and so have the approaches of testing and test automation. There are many testing tools available in the market now a days, which claim to be simple, easy to maintain and have extensive features. However, for better test coverage, testers are always required to leverage coding and scripting. More codes imply more maintenance costs for scripts and frameworks. Thus, efforts were put on developing processes with little coding involved and still achieve quality and maintainability. This paved the way for Scriptless or Codeless Test Automation.
Most of the functional test automation is used in regression testing. Here the effects of change can be seen only when the developers have delivered the code. It gives the automation tester very less time to adapt to the changes made. This makes it very important for the testing teams to be ready for such situations. To cater to these challenges, many automation frameworks with sophisticated code development and modularization came into being. They are Keyword Driven Framework, Modular Framework, Hybrid Framework, etc. Each automation framework resolved issues as per project priority. But most of the time, the maintenance efforts exceeded the development efforts due to debugging complexities.
With the introduction of the Agile development methodology, test automation became more challenging. Here more and more time was being spent over test automation development, maintenance, creation of tests and updating them as per scope changes finally executing them.
With increasing competition, organizations focus more on the cost benefits and improve cost efficiency. This finally evolved into the development of a script-less test automation in order to simplify the development and maintenance of test automation. The most aggressive, encouraging factors for script-less automation can be listed as follows:
- Delivery Speed
- Overall maintenance
The benefits of scriptless test automation are numerous.
- Test Automation becomes easier and comprehensive.
- Its pre-defined set of methods reduces the time required for automating test cases.
- There is no code level debugging. Hence, maintenance becomes easier and less time consuming.
- As no programming language is required, it is easy to train non-technical engineers and business analysts, which enable them to contribute towards test automation .
- As lesser to no time is required in scripting, testers are able to focus more on analyzing results, detecting inconsistencies and focusing on functional aspects.
- Automated and Manual tests, both are located at the same place which gives a transparent view of what has been automated and what has not been automated.
- Increases the productivity of the test process.
Scriptless Test Automation is an idea to resolve most of the limitations and challenges of test automation. It does not confirm the obsolescence of code based test automation. However, with the increasing complexity of software technology and their features, scriptlessness is set to be the future attribute of test automation frameworks.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Streamlining The Society Operations Through Society Management System
Author: Aditi Shetye
2. Take The Benefits Of Learning Python
Author: Adela Armstrong
3. Boost Your Career With Big Data Science Courses
Author: Adela Armstrong
4. Depth Sensing Market By Technology & Top Key Players
Author: Suraj Suryavanshi
5. Installation Of Cht Bayonet Probe In Aircraft
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
6. Understanding The Brand Xiaomi And Want For Mi Service Center
7. Responsive Website Vs. Mobile App: Which Is Better?
8. Improve Your Network Quality And Problems Using The Best Network Solutions
9. How To Troubleshoot Skype Error 2060: Security Sandbox Violation?
Author: Aida Martin
10. Quickbooks Uk Edition 2019- Vat| New And Improved Features, Perfonec
Author: Akansha Surana
11. The Significance Of The Cloud Platform
Author: SONIKA DHALIWAL
12. [tips]how To Hide Notifications On Lock Screen
Author: Sissi Zhang
13. How To Know The Benefit Of Owning A Commercial Cleaning Service?
Author: Deborah Gillis
14. Enterprise App Development: Key Trends For Tech Leaders Need To Know
Author: Amit Tiwari
15. Guide To Marketing Skills