ALL >> Health >> View Article
How Robotics Surgery Dawns A New Perspective In Surgical Science
Total Articles: 26
Patients are left concerned when doctors advise them to undertake a surgery. They usually worry about how successful the surgery would be, what will be the intensity of pain involved and how long would be the recovery time. But with the advancement in surgery technology, things are made much easier. Robotics in surgery has defined a new perspective in surgical sciences, with benefits bestowed both for doctors and patients.
About Robotic Surgery:
Robotic surgery is implemented with the use of the state-of-the-art Da Vinci Surgical System, which features specialized â€˜arms' used for holding instruments, a camera, a console and a magnified screen. The system carries out what is known as minimally invasive surgical procedure.
Minimally invasive represents smaller incisions. This type of surgical procedure accounts for shorter hospitalization periods and faster recovery times for patients. Other benefits include less scarring, less blood, faster return to normal life and reduced risks of infections.
How does it work?
The surgeon initially makes smaller incisions in your body to operate the robotic system and inserts the instruments and miniature camera throughout the process. The surgeon manipulates and controls the procedure using a console. In certain cases, such small incisions might not even be required at all.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery:
Robotics Surgery is becoming increasingly popular day after day because of the following benefits associated with it:
1. The surgeon gets to see a high resolution, magnified view of the operating field.
2. Surgeon gets better access to the area being operated.
3. Lessens the risk of infections.
4. Reduced pains.
5. Speedy Recovery.
6. Shorter hospitalization period.
7. Surgeon will have greater range of motion and dexterity.
Robotics Surgery finds its usage in treating various conditions explained as under:
Heart surgeons will have to cut the chest and sternum to perform heart surgery using traditional methods. However with robotic surgery, minimally invasive approaches shall be executed with lesser days of hospitalization and faster recovery. The advanced surgical tools provide increased accuracy and greater visualization of the heart.
Robotics surgery offers tremendous advantages to prostate cancer treatment. The type of prostate cancer decides the approach to be undertaken by the robotic surgeon, who shall discuss every aspects of treatment to you. Radical approaches are offered to treat prostate cancer so as to deliver promising outcomes for patients.
Da Vinci Robotic System is also found relevant in gynecologic surgeries. Gynecologic robotic surgery can be used to treat women with gynecologic conditions including fibroids, excessive menstrual bleeding, pelvic prolapse and endometriosis. The advanced technology also let surgeons to perform complex surgeries with ease.
Other forms of surgeries performed using robotics system include colorectal surgery, transoral surgery and thoracic surgery.
Robotic surgery is completely safe as surgeons are offered training to work on such sophisticated systems. Recovery period after surgery is usually six weeks post procedure. Having a track record of successful procedures, robotics in surgery opens new doors of possibilities in medical science.
The author specializes in offering treatments in the field of Urology for patients. He explains how robotics in surgery is a giant leap forward in the field of surgical science. Visit kcurology.com/treatments/robotic-surgery.html and kcurology.com
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel